Random Flow Generator Show Off Thread - Show us your Tank!

OP
OP
Vivid Creative Aquatics

Vivid Creative Aquatics

Upgrade Your Flow!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately this item does not fit the red sea 750xxl g2. Do you have the ones that does?
It'll fit - watch this short video.

In this video we have the outlet removed from the tank, but just to be clear , you do not need to remove that from your tank - just the small extension that is likely inserted into the outlet.

Also, give us a call and we'll be happy to walk you through it
1-623-233-6908 - support

cody hendrix

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It'll fit - watch this short video.

In this video we have the outlet removed from the tank, but just to be clear , you do not need to remove that from your tank - just the small extension that is likely inserted into the outlet.

Also, give us a call and we'll be happy to walk you through it
1-623-233-6908 - support
Great guy, just got a call from him. Got it figured out. For anyone else that has issues on a small amout of tanks the pip these go over is slightly biger. I was able to trim a very small amout of material off the RFG adaptor and it went right no.

Thanks

OP
OP
Vivid Creative Aquatics

Vivid Creative Aquatics

Upgrade Your Flow!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At 5450 GPH, I would suggest a singe 1/2in RFG coming in from one side - pointed across the tank toward the opposite corner

I think, if possible I would also go with a 3/4in Bulkhead and plumbing behinds the back wall - that way you can get as much flow as possible top the tank. Then you would simply step it down form 3/4in to 1/2in using a Loc-Line 3/4in to 1/2 reducer.

With a 3/4in bulkhead, you will then also have the options of splitting into dual 1/2in or running a single 3/4in if/when you upgrade the return pump.

Esage

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Vivid Creative Aquatics I’m setting up an innovative marine 20 gallon drop off . I will be using an innovative marine might jet 528gph return pump. I plan on keeping BTA’s . Would you recommend a single 1/2 inch nozzle or two 1/2 inch nozzles ?

thanks

Last edited:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 31 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 113 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.2%
Back