random flow question

nanonøkk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok so i’m gonna be upgrading my flow in my tank and when i was ordering the pump i had an idea.
so i ordered a y split and two random flow generators with an adapter so i can split the flow to go around the tank.
my question is is if i do that can i effectively remove this small pump i have in my tank so that it can just be a return or would that not be effective.
by the way it’s a nuevo 10gal and the pump i ordered is a micraplus pump by sicce.
so would this be able to create the flow i need around my tank or no.

Pntbll687

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok so i’m gonna be upgrading my flow in my tank and when i was ordering the pump i had an idea.
so i ordered a y split and two random flow generators with an adapter so i can split the flow to go around the tank.
my question is is if i do that can i effectively remove this small pump i have in my tank so that it can just be a return or would that not be effective.
by the way it’s a nuevo 10gal and the pump i ordered is a micraplus pump by sicce.
so would this be able to create the flow i need around my tank or no.

It's hard to say without seeing the tank and structure in it, and how the return is positioned.

But, yes, you should be able to use just the return pump and get enough flow in a 10g tank.

Gzfrank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Make sure to put something over the back end of the random flow nozzle. A few other and I have had smaller fish sucked in, trapping and killing them.

OP
OP
nanonøkk

nanonøkk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's hard to say without seeing the tank and structure in it, and how the return is positioned.

But, yes, you should be able to use just the return pump and get enough flow in a 10g tank.
ok here’s a top down of the tank and ik it’s not the best picture but it’s the best one i could get and then front and side views
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Pntbll687

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Point one nozzle to the front and the other behind the structure to eliminate dead spots.

OP
OP
nanonøkk

nanonøkk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Point one nozzle to the front and the other behind the structure to eliminate dead spots.
ok thanks for the help and also because it has to flow through the parts should i turn the flow of the pump up for the amount that is lost or no

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 75 86.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.4%
Back