Random leaf loss in mangrove plants

murphy_a

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 3, 2020
Messages
64
Reaction score
130
Location
Walpole
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all! My name is Aidan, and I have been keeping reef tanks for about 4 years now. I just recently (6 months ago) got into growing mangroves. My only mangrove at the moment was growing beautifully a few weeks ago, but now some of the leaves look like they are yellowing out and dropping... Has anyone any experience with this sort of thing?

Pictures to follow.
 
3567D05F-E2DF-42A6-A9C2-F1B1CA05A9CD.jpeg
12B29891-C1EE-4DD6-8094-34E79FDDAD24.jpeg
 
You have to spray off the leaves every few days. Also part of the survival of mangroves is sacrifice leaves because of salt build up.

More info will be needed.
Light info
Parameters
 
You have to spray off the leaves every few days. Also part of the survival of mangroves is sacrifice leaves because of salt build up.

More info will be needed.
Light info
Parameters
580BDC09-BB91-426C-9984-CC24E2B28F39.png
B15CBD9A-949A-41D6-A875-A7B2489057F4.png
AI Prime HD is the light about 10 inches from the top mangrove leaf. PH fluctuates from 8.3 to 8.45. Salinity is 35.4 ppt... Testing Cal Mag and Kh now, but usually 450, 1450, and 10
 
Hows the trace minerals they need these as well. What are you using for a substrate?
 
Hows the trace minerals they need these as well. What are you using for a substrate?
I don't have a way to track trace minerals but I do dose two part as well as strontium. and I am good with 20% bi-weekly
 
I don't have a way to track trace minerals but I do dose two part as well as strontium. and I am good with 20% bi-weekly
How are they doing
 
I'm not sure about mangroves, but other leaves that yellow are usually due to intense lighting
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new