Random Photos

Reefrookie220

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this is a old thread but how's the bubble doin man? I pick one up myself it was a tiny little guy (about a half dollar fully extended) but he's loving the tank. My only worry is my clowns are gonna love it to death before its big enough lol.

Another note that seems to have boosted growth for me is how it's fed. When I use my baster to feed my clowns frozen brine I take all the left over juices (gross sounding I know) and give my bubble torch and hammer all a squirt gently. I've gotten big responses. My hammer has started to grow another head and my torch perked up nicely. The rose loves it as well. To much pressure behind the squirt though and it'll close up super tight so be careful.

Last edited:

hanktank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you keep your bta safe from going into the powerhead I have had this happen recently

hanktank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks just ordered them I have been looking for something like this

hanktank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 35 g hex tank.I had been having trouble with cyanobacteria because of my flow issues . It's hard to get a good flow that reaches everything in the tank so I had to dose with chemiclean and and my bta didn't do well with it idk why but one died and one went into the power head heart broken:( they were so beautiful before that

OP
OP
CastAway

CastAway

Prone to wander, never lost.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The BTA is doing okay I think, it shrivels up most every night, but is back out and beautiful each day. It' slowly moving upwards on the rock, and touches some Zoas now, but doesn't seem to affect them negatively. Worried about them though.
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1432835208.431327.jpg

Reefrookie220

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did a lot of reading because anemones are the thing that interested me in the hobby to start. Everything I've read says upward movement indicates they want more light. It will kill zoas. I learned the hard way. Lol.

OP
OP
CastAway

CastAway

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like I may need to relocate it. Ugh. I like my Zoas more than this BTA!

Reefrookie220

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The thing is relocating it might do no good. The bubble will move until it likes the light. If it gets Still for a few days figure out how the lighting is where it sits and find comparable areas in the tank. Then you have an idea of what it's looking for. Its hard to get them to let go and easy to hurt the foot. Are zoas moveable?

OP
OP
CastAway

CastAway

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
....Are zoas moveable?
Not mine. I hard mounted everything. That nem will let go if I irritate it enough. Not to that point yet though. I need to accelerate my plan to buy more/better light; I need a weekend job!

TriMax

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
taking over. Your zoas sure like you tank, lighting, feeding and everything else, it seems.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 26.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 33 36.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 27 29.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 6.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back