random stupid idea

mdb_talon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha the title pulled me in. I am an expert on stupid ideas, but got to say yours has me just shaking my head a bit :)

Not even going to ask why this thought came to you lol.

My random guess as to the result is you would soon have a tank full of foul smelling nasty "water".

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You would have yourself a giant glass container of Dr. Tim's.

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A super duper instant cycle!
Realistically, most would probably die off due to it not having anything to feed on (of course that death would lead to nutrients for the rest).
If there is no saltwater in the bottle, then what @Cell said, as there is nothing to make a tank out of.

Tired

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
As far as I know, that dinoflagellate thing should be doable, though without a pump. I think the pump would chop them up.

You can get these cute little dinosaur-shaped aquariums full of dinoflagellates. Once every week or so (I forget exactly how often), you dump out half the contents and replace it with clean water and food. If you instead dumped it into an aquarium, and doubled the volume of liquid every couple weeks, you'd eventually have a whole tank full of 'em.

OP
OP
SlugSnorter

SlugSnorter

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A super duper instant cycle!
Realistically, most would probably die off due to it not having anything to feed on (of course that death would lead to nutrients for the rest).
If there is no saltwater in the bottle, then what @Cell said, as there is nothing to make a tank out of.
what if I put ammonia in the water and mixed up some salt in it

Uzidaisies

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if there’s any salt or any other minerals in it. The only ingredients I can find say 100% nitrifying bacteria. But that doesn’t seem correct.

OP
OP
SlugSnorter

SlugSnorter

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if there’s any salt or any other minerals in it. The only ingredients I can find say 100% nitrifying bacteria. But that doesn’t seem correct.
pump on, maybe some rock and biofilter stuff, heater. stuff to put some ammonia in the... "water" maybe mix in salt too

Uzidaisies

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Without knowing exactly what’s in it, results are probably going to be less than desirable. But if you’re intent to find out, and have money to waste, try it on a small scale and let us know.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 88 87.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.0%
Back