Rare frogspawn y so expensive?

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't seen frogspawn prices go up here. Bought 5 heads of green and purple for $40 last week. As easy as they are to grow those prices are nuts!

Sailfinguy21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Am a bit slow here but why are frogspawn so expensive now days?

Depends what local stores and options you have in your area.

I got a 6 headed long branches octo/frog spawn for like i think $45 ? Each head has split into 3 heads now, so instead of 6 heads now have 18 heads. This thing grows really fast, and the store i got them from has a guy who brings them in all the time from his tank. So they arent very expensive.

They grow really fast and i noticed dont require any real special care at all, when my tank had a mini crash from low magnesium and an alk swing i lost 2 acroporas, but my LPS didnt seem to care one bit.

To be honest though this store has the best prices in the entire Northern Virginia D.C Maryland area. I got a 9 inche long green bubble coral almost the size of a basket ball for $200 minus a 20% discount i had saved up so i paid only $160.. That coral is a $500-600 or more coral easy this size.

ZoWhat

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Because people will pay it. I won't. It won't stop until people stop paying crazy prices.
Yes if Kellogg's raised the price of PopTarts to $20 a box and ppl keep buying them and the inventory kept rotating....guess what.... PopTarts are now $20 a box

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 133 74.7%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 16 9.0%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 27 15.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.1%
Back