Rare frogspawn y so expensive?

sixty_reefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Am a bit slow here but why are frogspawn so expensive now days?

OP
OP
sixty_reefer

sixty_reefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are all frogspawn from the indo den?

OP
OP
sixty_reefer

sixty_reefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good question. Cherry corals has some Ultimate Frogspawn going for $500.00. They’re nice, but expensive. Just like some of the torches these days.

I’ve just seen the WWC green tipped going for 500$ a pop to. Had a mate that wanted to sell it to me for 10$ a head told him to keep it as didn’t wanted to take advantage. Even though we are in the uk am sure they as rare world wide I think

OP
OP
sixty_reefer

sixty_reefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Because people will pay it. I won't. It won't stop until people stop paying crazy prices.

Thats were am thinking y so rare in the United Kingdom we still see them often inexpensive compared to the ones I’ve been seeing on here. Saw someone selling a purple and green as super rare (1200$) and tough to myself am sure that can’t be the price on a frogspawn

JCTReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve just seen the WWC green tipped going for 500$ a pop to. Had a mate that wanted to sell it to me for 10$ a head told him to keep it as didn’t wanted to take advantage. Even though we are in the uk am sure they as rare world wide I think
I just bought a 21tails torch from Cherry Corals here in the U.S. Right at 500$ a pop! Definitely the most I’ve ever spent on a frag.:oops: Here in the US, some Euphyllia are just outrageously priced. Wonder what the Aussies are paying. A lot of the
Hammers we get here come from Australia. Some from indo stock that’s aquacultured.

OP
OP
sixty_reefer

sixty_reefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Torches are already popular here, the 21tail is about 200$ and the holy grail or 24k torch is at 500$ to 700$, gold about 300$ but I wasn’t aware that frogspawn had gone up also. That means that in the next 2 years prices will match the US as per trend. Am better go and stock on the frogspawns I like before they get silly on here also.

OP
OP
sixty_reefer

sixty_reefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought a 21tails torch from Cherry Corals here in the U.S. Right at 500$ a pop! Definitely the most I’ve ever spent on a frag.:oops: Here in the US, some Euphyllia are just outrageously priced. Wonder what the Aussies are paying. A lot of the
Hammers we get here come from Australia. Some from indo stock that’s aquacultured.

Am sure the Aussies just go for a swim instead of an LFS

Nicholas Dushynsky

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have some euphillias in my tank. I dont think any special ones and I only have a couple frogspawn but I admit prices are getting high. Well more than I would like to pay.
Screenshot_20190824-235339_Gallery.jpg

OP
OP
sixty_reefer

sixty_reefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone got pics they can post and put the price to it as they are just names to me.plus it would be nice to see ;)

I see you from the uk also mate, better stock up now before they go silly like the torches

This is one of the supposed
Has anyone got pics they can post and put the price to it as they are just names to me.plus it would be nice to see ;)

I see you from the uk also mate, this is one of the supposed rare

Green pink and yellow

Best to stock up

3D8DC28C-69C0-49C6-BE0F-5C9156E576E1.jpeg

OP
OP
sixty_reefer

sixty_reefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was watching a video Jake Adams did from reef builders on a Australian guys tank and I believe that is exactly what he did. Went for a swim. I’ll have to go back and watch it. Must be nice!
Have you got a link? That sounds about right I do need an holiday in the land of oz and bring a lot of souvenirs

flsalty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats were am thinking y so rare in the United Kingdom we still see them often inexpensive compared to the ones I’ve been seeing on here. Saw someone selling a purple and green as super rare (1200$) and tough to myself am sure that can’t be the price on a frogspawn

I'm sure there are corals that are rarely offered that qualify as rare. To me frogspawn is quite common. The trend here is to call anything slightly different as rare. It's like a marketing gimmick. But is it really rare if a company has twenty listed all the time?

OP
OP
sixty_reefer

sixty_reefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sure there are corals that are rarely offered that qualify as rare. To me frogspawn is quite common. The trend here is to call anything slightly different as rare. It's like a marketing gimmick. But is it really rare if a company has twenty listed all the time?

Very true and the reason am a bit surprised to see the frogspawn in der. The 500$ ones I’ve been seeing are still 20$ on this side of the pond. But as the US sets the price we going to see an increase in our side also and den a common frogspawn will become a desirable coral all the sudden

OP
OP
sixty_reefer

sixty_reefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I may add that just last year all these holy grails, 21tails, 24k gold torch etc were just a few dollars here, no one care one bit about them until the prices in the US sky rocketed

Nasir

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Flsalty, is a 100 percent right. This doesn’t go for just frogspwans, it goes for all the corals. If people would stop maxing out their credit cards, going broke, the prices wouldn’t keep going up. A so call name being put on a coral and people go stupid crazy, paying stupid prices for coral. If people keep paying then the prices will keep going up.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 14.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 75 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%

Back