Rare soft corals

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know. I have not seen it before. I hope it grows with the dark base it has now with nice bright green. It is so small now. Plus under t5s. It will be under MH and T5s in the main system. I got it at Marine Farmers.

sixty_reefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I assume they are the same- manhattan aquarium and Unique are the same owners. I'll try to get a pic. The one in the reefbuilders video doesn't have the prominent sclerites

hence my curiosity, in the first 2 pictures from RB the coral seems pale almost white in colour with pink polyps the coral in the video matches the first 2 pictures. The third picture were it shows the scleritis doesn’t match the other previous pictures And the coral that UC currently selling seems to brown and it is often found in Vietnam deliverys my current shop used to have colony’s of it every week under asparagus soft coral, making me think the darker variety it’s more common to the pink variety just my tough :rolleyes:

DanConnor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah- on the RB page the 3rd pic does not match the other pics and the video.

Part of it is the colors are hard to photograph- koji Wada from Unique is definitely not brown in any sense- in my tank its a bright lavender-pink; really stands out color-wise. I have it under lights a bit whiter than most people keep their reefs. It's a bit more muted in my frag tray under AB+ lights.

Jadgrider

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got these Fruity loops. I don't know if they're rare or not but prettiest mushrooms I have
P1060383.JPG
This is stunning! I wish we had these local to me!

Fakegolfnews

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can someone ID my bright yellow leather? I also have a koji wada pink nepthea. If anyone is ever in orange county, ca go to "amazing reefs and aquariums" as seen on reefbuilders. Ali has a bunch of koji wada and green capella for half the price as anywhere else.

20200513_174559.jpg 20200425_164212.jpg

sixty_reefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Dr. Dendrostein whats your tough on this? P@blo pink nephtea doesn have the sclerites as evidently as some others, do you agree that there is two different species going round? In all honestly I believe the real pink one doesn’t have any Sclerites at all from what I see in the pics.

This is what we get here in the uk as asparagus coral very common

53C44603-799F-429F-B803-042E0363DEEC.jpeg

this is what I think it may look like

EFB32BE4-C87A-414C-B0EC-8023028FD2FC.jpeg

Last edited:

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Dr. Dendrostein whats your tough on this? P@blo pink nephtea doesn have the sclerites as evidently as some others, do you agree that there is two different species going round? In all honestly I believe the real pink one doesn’t have any Sclerites at all from what I see in the pics.

This is what we get here in the uk as asparagus coral very common

53C44603-799F-429F-B803-042E0363DEEC.jpeg

this is what I think it may look like

EFB32BE4-C87A-414C-B0EC-8023028FD2FC.jpeg

Your first picture it shows scerlites, at this time ID to soft corals is a hit and miss. For all we know your first coral could be dendronephthya, stereonephthya or other. The second, here in states it's named dendronephthya aka carnation coral from Indonesia. Second picture needs to be clear to get a better idea or close to a better idea. Bummer

canadianeh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always get confused between LPS and softies. Can someone list which corals are considered from softies category? :)

canadianeh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lots of soft coral. Is there something you are curious about? Lighting constraints?

my tank is just cycled and I was advised that only soft corals probably the best for brand new tank to start with. Looking to see what are the options for rare soft corals out there so I can build my plan. According to MACNA video soft corals and some LPS also safer bet when you plan to have angelfish.

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
my tank is just cycled and I was advised that only soft corals probably the best for brand new tank to start with. Looking to see what are the options for rare soft corals out there so I can build my plan. According to MACNA video soft corals and some LPS also safer bet when you plan to have angelfish.
Start with a nice mushroom. Imo.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%
Back