Ray's Reefer 350 build

BlueRay33

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So after 4 years with the JBJ45 gallon AIO and all the rookie mistakes I made on it, I have decided to start fresh with a Reefer 350. I got a great deal on this used Reefer 350 tank that the previous owner was using for fresh water fish for some reason. Because he didn't need a sump, it didn't come with the plumbing or sump itself but was in great shape and at a great price.

IMG_7028.jpg

IMG_7029.jpg

Because I wanted to go Triton, I had a custom sump made by Advanced Acrylics in Anaheim

IMG_7329.jpg

Completed the aquascaping with CaribSea LifeRock Shapes (20 lbs) and CaribSea LifeRock (35 lbs). Used E-Marco-400 Aquascaping Mortar to hold everything together.

IMG_7299.jpg

Added two bags of 20 lb. CaribSea Fiji Pink Arag-Alive! Reef Sand. Tank is currently cycling with Dr. Tim's OaO along with BicroBacter7. Hoping it is complete by end of this week.

P-Dub

The ocean is open to all, merciful to none.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice aquascape! Looks like it will be a great tank! Don't rush the cycling. Nothing good ever comes from that. I cycled for just under 4 months, and as a result have never had any issues with GHA, diatoms, cyano, etc. SLOW is the only way to really make things easier on you in the long run. Looking forward to progress reports.

Sampson42084

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So after 4 years with the JBJ45 gallon AIO and all the rookie mistakes I made on it, I have decided to start fresh with a Reefer 350. I got a great deal on this used Reefer 350 tank that the previous owner was using for fresh water fish for some reason. Because he didn't need a sump, it didn't come with the plumbing or sump itself but was in great shape and at a great price.

IMG_7028.jpg

IMG_7029.jpg

Because I wanted to go Triton, I had a custom sump made by Advanced Acrylics in Anaheim

IMG_7329.jpg

Completed the aquascaping with CaribSea LifeRock Shapes (20 lbs) and CaribSea LifeRock (35 lbs). Used E-Marco-400 Aquascaping Mortar to hold everything together.

IMG_7299.jpg

Added two bags of 20 lb. CaribSea Fiji Pink Arag-Alive! Reef Sand. Tank is currently cycling with Dr. Tim's OaO along with BicroBacter7. Hoping it is complete by end of this week.

Awesome sump how much did that cost? Love the white cabinet too I just got a black one

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 41.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 21 21.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 34.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.1%
Back