DaveRaz

DaveRaz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_9088.JPG
IMG_9089.JPG
Thanks y'all. Yes Synergy Shadow overflow. I changed it based on feedback. I added a few unions to make cleaning easier.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Great-looking build! Following along!

OP
OP
DaveRaz

DaveRaz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! Sump update. Need to plumb the reactors and UV still.

My return pump is a water blaster 7000 rated at 1800gal/hr so I think I'm going to run the chiller on its own pump. That gives me some redundancy running two return pumps. Just need to fire it up and see what this water blaster delivers first but as you can see I have a lot of elbows. I expect the display to see maybe ~800 gal/hr. BRS estimates the Neptune FMK to be shipped by 3/31 but I need to get this tank up sooner than that. Guess I will fill some buckets and time it to see what this pump is capable off. Somewhat of a road block for me here as the shadow overflow is rated up to 1500 gallons. The chillers minimum flow rating is 600gal/hr. If I'm not careful I will pump more than the overflow can handle. I suppose I could dial the water blaster back with the ball valve a bit once I have the chiller online, if that's the case. I really don't want the display seeing more than 1000gal/hr. Hummm decisions decisions. Any advise appreciated!

Plan to test the setup with tap water today. Wish me luck.
IMG_9165.JPG

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Love it!

OP
OP
DaveRaz

DaveRaz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_9191.JPG
IMG_9195.JPG
Added some reactors to the sump And we are cycling. Finally! Moved a bio block from my other sump and added dr tims/ammonia last night. Let's see how long the cycle takes.

OP
OP
DaveRaz

DaveRaz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_9203.JPG
Thank you. And we are off. Finally! Lots to do yet on the cherry/walnut panels. Looking forward to receiving and installing the Neptune FMK. I couldnt wait on it before I kicked this reef off. That plan went out the window.

And I have to crawl through a very small opening in the attic for the water lines.............

OP
OP
DaveRaz

DaveRaz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_9270.JPG
Cycle is moving along nicely. Finally got some line run from my water station in the garage 40' away. Was a real pain because the roof pitch was very very tight in this area of my home. I ran 2 lines for the Neptune DOS for auto water changes, 1 line for the rodi container to sump ATO, cat 5 cable to use for switches on the break out box and a power cord.

Cabinet is being sealed tonight and magnets to hold the panels to the stand are on order.

OP
OP
DaveRaz

DaveRaz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_9269.JPG
I have great success using an algae turf scrubber on my 90 gallon tank. 3 weeks after installing my diy I was able to remove GFO reactor. After looking hard at some manufactures, I didn't like those big bulky things and massive lights to run them. Being I have a lot of room in the sump I just added a valve to the manifold and rigged one up. I'm still tweaking it. Any ideas are welcome!

OP
OP
DaveRaz

DaveRaz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_9264.JPG
I got a chance to run an airline from my skimmer through the wall to help keep ph as high as possible. It's only about a 5' run and I upsized the tubing size one size. Anxious to see if this helps.

OP
OP
DaveRaz

DaveRaz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_9273.JPG

30A plug installed and wire made to allow me to plug in my generator right to the dedicated circuits in case of power failure. Redundancy never hurts!

OP
OP
DaveRaz

DaveRaz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_9248.JPG
IMG_9249.JPG
My current tank is doing great. I did have a spike in kh that in blame on all the Sheetrock dust from this room renovation. I caught it early, which probably averted disaster. Went from 8.2 to 10.2 over 3 days. Over the next three days I brought it back down and it's holding stable.

This build is my second tank and I'm anxious as heck about transferring livestock. Guess I will just take it slow and slowly add test coral frags to see how they do before the big move.

Problems with that strategy is lighting and dosing. The Apex and ATI fixture on this 90 are being moved to this 180 and I can't take too much time manually dosing. I do have 8 24" LET i am going to install on the ends as the current ATI is only 48". I will be using some 2x4" to make a temporary light stand for these retros until I can transfer the fixture. I will cross that bridge when I come to it. Planning to add my first fish and some snails this week so I have some time to think about what I'm going to do. Any and all feedback is welcome! This is my first time dealing with a tank transfer.

dbg

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are you doing the panels? They look like they are coming together really nicely.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back