RE-Aquascaping: Have you ever changed it up and why?

Have you ever Re-Aquascaped and already established reef tank?

• YES (post in the thread why)

Votes: 236 54.8%
  • No I have not

Votes: 128 29.7%
  • No but am considering it

Votes: 67 15.5%

• Total voters

[email protected]

View Badges
Reaction score
I rescape a little every few months, usually because I need to remove a jerk fish or my hermit crab knocked something over. He's always wedging himself in the most inconvenient places. It often involves me stirring up the never ending detritus and stacking till I like it.

Top Shelf Aquatics

Reeferdude1888

View Badges
Reaction score
I have done this on most of my tanks throughout the years just to change it up a bit and it gives the fish some new areas to explore .

fishybizzness

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
To remove one of these evil reincarnations of satan!! It was a model citizen for almost a year then one day, Spawn of satan!! It chased everything in my tank relentlessly, even causing several fish to make a jump for their lives! I tried every type of trap I could think of with no luck. It wouldn't even go near them. Finally I decided that I had had enough. I drained almost all the water and removed just about all my rock before finally netting it! NEVER AGAIN WILL I PUT A BEAUGREGORY IN N MY TANK!!

Screenshot_20200118-180123_Google.jpg

BeelzebubsThrillStick

View Badges
Reaction score
To remove one of these evil reincarnations of satan!! It was a model citizen for almost a year then one day, Spawn of satan!! It chased everything in my tank relentlessly, even causing several fish to make a jump for their lives! I tried every type of trap I could think of with no luck. It wouldn't even go near them. Finally I decided that I had had enough. I drained almost all the water and removed just about all my rock before finally netting it! NEVER AGAIN WILL I PUT A BEAUGREGORY IN N MY TANK!!

Screenshot_20200118-180123_Google.jpg
Hey wow wow wow, I had nothing to do with those fish! Not my idea!

Peach02

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Yes twice, both times because I needed to catch a fish out and couldn't with any rock left inside. Both times I improved the scape however there Is still a few problems with the current one

Do we test our water too much and for too many things nowadays?

• Yes

Votes: 132 32.4%
  • No

Votes: 203 49.8%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 67 16.4%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 6 1.5%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors