Re-scape help!

CD_Scapes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I have a UNS 45a (~10 gallon AIO) and I have to move it back and forth between my college dorm and my house. That being said, my current tank needs help. The way that it is scaped and stocked it won’t be possible to move it back and forth with all the rock and macroalgae. I’ve wanted a reef and thinking about it more that might be the better way to go. I feel it would be better as most of the corals would be attached to the rocks and easier to transport. Any ideas on what to do? I think I’ll have to get rid of my waspfish (feeding frozen twice a day is harder than I thought it would be and she is a terrible to my snails). Fish ideally would be able to be fed pellets or the like once a day, twice would be fine too. Coral wise all I know is a zoa garden would be nice and I really like acan/favia.
Here is a picture of the tank now, I still need to deep clean it and will probably do that tonight

51083819-17B0-4BDB-9B8D-252CCDC1C7E8.jpeg

Bryn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How about something that can be broken down into a couple of Totes, and carried home. Maybe, I know a bit boring, but some Clowns, but not you typical Orange, go for amore inspiring pair, Shrimp, and Zoa's to start, and less rock...

naterealbig

pea brain
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Scape looks fine, and appears to be manageable.... Not sure what the question is? Why couldn't you move it back and forth? I'd chuck the sand (less problems when moving), and find a nice pair of clowns. A couple totes or buckets to put the rock in during transport seems like the way to go. What am I missing?

OP
OP
CD_Scapes

CD_Scapes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Scape looks fine, and appears to be manageable.... Not sure what the question is? Why couldn't you move it back and forth? I'd chuck the sand (less problems when moving), and find a nice pair of clowns. A couple totes or buckets to put the rock in during transport seems like the way to go. What am I missing?
There are many pieces of rock, tried to redo the scape and it’s meh. Got pavona which probably isn’t helping the “simplicity”

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 57 40.1%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 74 52.1%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back