Re-use live rock or not?

Ashish Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so what do you think about something like Pukani that has been aquacultured at TBS? That is a light rock from what I understand

Pukani rock is my favorite. I'd only add dry pukani after curing it for 6-12 month. - Too much fuel for nuisance algae and less chance for coralline to take of - In this regards I would use cultured Pukani LR first over anything else. I went with reefsaver since its taken from above water. I had piece of pukani rock baking outside on my landscape for 5 years (see below white rock) - that ive been saving for years. I am happy with my decision on rock since I had no nuisance algae grow on any of my rockwork. Aslong as its cured for a few months go for it.

20170214_010926.jpg

OP
OP
choss

choss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like this rock too. TBS offers Pukani that has been sitting on the floor of the ocean - so maybe best of both worlds. I need to look into this more.

Ashish Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let me put a plug in here for Kara and Philipp Rauch over at KP Aquatics. They are great to do business with and their rock is fantastic! https://www.kpaquatics.com/product/aquacultured-live-rock/

Iam gonna add 60LB of this stuff to my large build next year.. 100% going into a large vat and 100% non porous dry stuff in the display.....critters do well with porous rock so those need to go and the fake stuff isnt really good for biological reasons, more importantly I need my tanks SPS ready in 4 months not 2 years

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 22.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 33.9%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 54 31.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back