Re-Wiring Aquatic Life Hybrid

BigTex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a great thread. Thanks for putting it all together, and for AquaticLife for being so active in it.

I may have missed this somewhere, but Do the white fixtures have cords at both ends as well?

OP
OP
Behnken

Behnken

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The new white fixtures do have the cords coming out the ends, but they have a cap that covers them.

I love the white fixtures, just wish my Radions are white as well. I thought about getting the diffusser for them and painting them white.

Nurse.Reef.Reapeat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Behnken i really love to know in detail how you did the mod. I am so bad and u understanding detail without photos. I would really appreciate the help. And also for the rest of the people out there who want to do this. Thank you!

OP
OP
Behnken

Behnken

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Behnken i really love to know in detail how you did the mod. I am so bad and u understanding detail without photos. I would really appreciate the help. And also for the rest of the people out there who want to do this. Thank you!

You can feel free to PM me with questions. I will do my best to help walk you through the process.

I have also purchased two more 36” for my new build. I plan to do a similar mod but will also join the two fixtures together. I will try to document the process better when I get around to doing this.

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Going to do my 24" when some different plates / brackets arrive, and route the cord out of the left side of the rear extrusion. What I did do between v1 (my 4') and this was pick up the strain relief fitting tool, and some of the Wago 221-413 connectors. Will be curious to see how you join the fixtures, assuming some type of DIY coupling will be used?

OP
OP
Behnken

Behnken

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven’t taken them out of the box yet because my new tank won’t be ready for another couple of months, so I’m not 100% sure how I will do it. I will probably use 1/2” chase nipples that will allow me to run the wires between the two fixtures. They will be concealed in the fixture and will also join the two fixtures to some degree. I will also bolt the spacer plates together for better support.

8116D097-8638-4344-B3B7-39488959C70B.jpeg

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What’s the name and where to buy those plugs?
I'm not sure the exact name. All I know is the big box hardware store didnt stock them I had to go to true value to find them.

AquaticLifeProducts

Aquarium Equipment Company
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
@AquaticLifeProducts Curious, why not include the Decorative bar on the black T5 Hybrid? When the white includes it as part of the kit?

We launched the black hybrids without having the covers. So instead of raising the price to everyone, even the few who will not use them. We kept them as an accessory.

The white we figured would be seen in all installs, so we included them. We removed the Kessil bracket since all are black to help reduce the cost.

All sizes are in stock if you would need them.

OP
OP
Behnken

Behnken

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We launched the black hybrids without having the covers. So instead of raising the price to everyone, even the few who will not use them. We kept them as an accessory.

The white we figured would be seen in all installs, so we included them. We removed the Kessil bracket since all are black to help reduce the cost.

All sizes are in stock if you would need them.

Can you make a Radion Diffuser in white for me?

drtrash

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have a 36" unit on a 4 ft tank, canopy is 10-12" off tank, needed a 12-13ft cord to reach apex on end of tank, so expect the stocker will need to be replaced or an extension cord

AquaticLifeProducts

Aquarium Equipment Company
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
@AquaticLifeProducts Do you make a 24 inch kessil mount and will the a360 mount work with the new kessil a360x

We did not. I had one customer use the 24" LED bracket to mount the Kessil bracket that is included with the fixtures. He bolted the two to each other. We didn't think many would use the 24" width with the 360.

I was at RAP this weekend and went over to review the new 360X, it appears to me that the 360X M5 screw mount will work with the standard LED bracket, it will not work with the Kessil 4" hole mount that we have now. We are looking at changing the tooling to allow both.

The only concern is that the 360X M5 mount to the LED bracket is that the kessil will extend down below the bottom of the T5 housing. It looked to be less then an inch but with out actually installing it could be a little more or less.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 20.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 11 14.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 39 52.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 9.5%
Back