vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
welcome38.jpg

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hi welcome to the reef going to love it here!!
lots of fun/info/fun/help/fun.. :)

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hey guys. I’m Matt, I work as a water quality biologist and have been reefing on my one for about 3 years.

I have a science background but I definitely don’t know a whole lot about water chemistry in a reef tank. I run a Red Sea 625xxl and have a mix of softies, SPS and LPS.

unfortunately I recently lost about 10 beautiful fish to an ich or Velvet outbreak. Tank was going awesome...had a ton of coralinne everywhere but then had to break tank down and move to repair flooring.

so starting over going fallow and will slowly rebuild fish. Will for the first time be setting up quarantine and treating new fish. Not sure if I will treat all fish cause I need something not super high maintenance. I know some guys treat all fish with 3 different chemicals, but we’ll see. I have a job and an infant so I can’t be in the garage all day babysitting fish in quarantine

glad to be part of the community.

6C4E460C-6F2B-4ECA-A3CE-38F58A5F8BA9.jpeg
In the future if such outbreak would occur, take some pics and/or videos under white light so we can help assess. Velvet will look like the solar system on fish whereas ich- You can count the dots.

OP
OP
kerbfish

kerbfish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the future if such outbreak would occur, take some pics and/or videos under white light so we can help assess. Velvet will look like the solar system on fish whereas ich- You can count the dots.
This was definitely velvet, it was a white Christmas.....innumerable Dots....

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 66 37.3%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.1%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 27 15.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back