Ready to un quarantine ich fish?

clownfishowner225

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, so I just completed my quarantine for my 2 clownfish and 2 tangs who had ich. I did 45 days of copper at 2.5ppm, then 15 days of no copper and only observation. Now am I ready to put the fish back in dt? I’m sure anyone would be nervous after waiting so long that it may not even work. Fish look perfectly fine with no signs of parasites.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, so I just completed my quarantine for my 2 clownfish and 2 tangs who had ich. I did 45 days of copper at 2.5ppm, then 15 days of no copper and only observation. Now am I ready to put the fish back in dt? I’m sure anyone would be nervous after waiting so long that it may not even work. Fish look perfectly fine with no signs of parasites.

You've got things pretty well covered as far as protozoan diseases go, but have you though about flukes? I always treat fish with praziquantel before releasing them from quarantine. I often use Prazipro for smaller tanks. You could dose once with Prazipro (with good aeration) and them move the fish to the DT after 24 hours.

Jay

OP
OP
clownfishowner225

clownfishowner225

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You've got things pretty well covered as far as protozoan diseases go, but have you though about flukes? I always treat fish with praziquantel before releasing them from quarantine. I often use Prazipro for smaller tanks. You could dose once with Prazipro (with good aeration) and them move the fish to the DT after 24 hours.

Jay
Just ordered prazipro and extending quarantine for an extra week, better to be 100%sure, thanks

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 86 87.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.1%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.1%
Back