Real Time Chat

BarSnackz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there any way we could make a real-time chat room that could be a pop-up in the corner of the forum where members could talk in real-time? I think that could be pretty cool as far as like a 'lounge' feature and could offer memebers the option to ask small questions that could easily be responded to in the chat quickly without the burden of creating a thread.
Just a thought!
Thanks!

the_chef_pierre

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would be kind of cool to have a chat feature though that anyone can use to discuss things and ask for advice on various topics

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Idk we all volunteer here so to get someone on call at all times would be challenging.

I though this might be a good idea. But I don't think the OP means chatting with staff members, but with other members logged in.

I was thinking a chat room where members logged in could interact with each other.

OP
OP
BarSnackz

BarSnackz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I though this might be a good idea. But I don't think the OP means chatting with staff members, but with other members logged in.

I was thinking a chat room where members logged in could interact with each other.

Glad this thread is finally getting a little traction.
Yes, I was saying for members logged in to be able to chat real time. Kind of like a YouTube live video chat where everyone who is logged in and participating can talk and ask questions.
I’m not sure if this possible with the forum coding, but if it was - I think it would be a really cool feature!

OP
OP
BarSnackz

BarSnackz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think in the same way that threads are auto moderated here. Can’t say explicit words or it would be ***’d out. And maybe have some some kind of system that allows users to report other users. X amount of reports = X amount of time suspended from the chat. Then, if that user is a frequent flyer and constantly gets suspended - they can be banned from that chat.

Last edited:

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sometimes threads get outta hand...how would that work with people face to face... ;Wideyed it could work if peeps would keep it civil....

Hmmmm.... good point...

I don't think there is anything you could do to control that. Threads can be closed to end such immaturity...

Maybe its better left as is.

OP
OP
BarSnackz

BarSnackz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, I just thought of an idea! If all the moderators are on board with it - we could expand this forum to other platforms and make this real-time chat a thing thing by making a Discord chat group. Kind of like how BRS uses FB - we could use Discord. Granted it wouldn't be moderated, it would be the choice of the member to join or not - but, it would be a place where members could talk with their voice or text to ask quick questions!
I think this would be so cool!
If we get the go ahead, I'll happily make a server for us!

Lenett

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would be kind of cool to have a chat feature though that anyone can use to discuss things and ask for advice on various topics
Is there any way we could make a real-time chat room that could be a pop-up in the corner of the forum where members could talk in real-time? I think that could be pretty cool as far as like a 'lounge' feature and could offer memebers the option to ask small questions that could easily be responded to in the chat quickly without the burden of creating a thread.
Just a thought!
Thanks!
I really like that idea. I'm finding it hard to know if I even have a response!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back