Really Hate My Family.

ReefMadScientist

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There I said it. Besides my mom, my sister, my wife, and my son; I seriously hate my family. They only show up to weddings and funerals. My son turns 1 years old this Saturday and most of my family would rather sit at their house and "celebrate fathers day" early. One aunt is off to Las Vegas getting trashed, while my other one would rather sit at home.

SERIOUSLY, WHO CARES ABOUT FATHERS DAY. People act like its Christmas.

I feel so sad for my son. He has done nothing wrong but people seem to just be narcissistic instead of celebrating his 1 year bday party. As for my dad, yeah he's a cop and a real ******. He is a great guy to everyone but his own family. Just lectures me like I am some child all the time and not helping with the BS my sister left behind when she died. Now here am I dealing with all the court issues while he sits back and lectures me on what I am doing wrong.

Tired of it....there I feel somewhat better.

TrialandError

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The best family sometimes are the ones that are not blood related. Some blood related family are good but mostly not. I have a distaste for my family also. Just enjoy your little boys birthday cause they grow to fast to worry about other stuff.

sexycorals

Bringing Sexy BACK!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sometimes its good just to let it out. SOrry to hear about it but good people no matter if they are friends or famliy are hard to find. When you do find them cherish them. Im a positive person so I see it as you have a great bunch no matter how many you have.. MOM Wife sister and your son sounds like a good time hanging out.. Ill rather be around a few great people than alot of people that are not so great. Last night it was just me and my two kids at HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON 2. Then to a park where i was the slave to them on the swings and merry go round... . we had a blast. =)

Davesgt

Happy Happy Happy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel you buddy! I have a family who would rather die than to admit they are wrong or hurtful, I grew up in pretty rough conditions in which I pray no one else should have to live. I don't know if your a spiritual person but if you are the best thing is to just pray and hope for the best
There I said it. Besides my mom, my sister, my wife, and my son; I seriously hate my family. They only show up to weddings and funerals. My son turns 1 years old this Saturday and most of my family would rather sit at their house and "celebrate fathers day" early. One aunt is off to Las Vegas getting trashed, while my other one would rather sit at home.

I feel so sad for my son. He has done nothing wrong but people seem to just be narcissistic instead of celebrating his 1 year bday party. As for my dad, yeah he's a cop and a real ******. He is a great guy to everyone but his own family. Just lectures me like I am some child all the time and not helping with the BS my sister left behind when she died. Now here am I dealing with all the court issues while he sits back and lectures me on what I am doing wrong.

OP
OP
ReefMadScientist

ReefMadScientist

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone and thank you Mike. I haven't been fair to you lately and I apologize.

Life's been rough lately. From my sister dying because she was too dang selfish with pills and alcohol to me now raising a 14 year old. My nephew I love also but dealing with CPS checking my baby's body for marks just because I want to adopt my 14 year old nephew is irritating me to no end. I have to sit here and play suspect until these court hearing are done with. Not only that, since my dad is not man enough, I have to go to court and battle my sisters dead-beat BF who is trying to get money from her death by wanting to raise the son. The non-biological father and his lawyer and mommy just bash my dead sister all court hearing long.

So here I am. Raising my 14 year old son from the hell he has experienced in that home, trying to be there for my 1 year old, dealing with CPS, having my dad lecture me to no end about everything I do wrong, and to sit in court all day hearing people bash my dead sister.

I am not writing this for anyone to feel sorry for me. It just feels good once I start typing.

sexycorals

Bringing Sexy BACK!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
no need to apologize.. no worries. i read things once and its done.. forgotten already. i know everyone got their own thing. And man sounds like alot of stuff to deal with.. when i was at my darkest place i squeze the little ones that know nothing but to sqeeze back and love you unconditionally.. i see you got a few great sqeezable love ones.. Go do it!! and forget about everything else for a bit.. guarantee itll help.. =) P.S dont squeeze the 1 yr old too tight.. =P

Thanks everyone and thank you Mike. I haven't been fair to you lately and I apologize.

Life's been rough lately. From my sister dying because she was too dang selfish with pills and alcohol to me now raising a 14 year old. My nephew I love also but dealing with CPS checking my baby's body for marks just because I want to adopt my 14 year old nephew is irritating me to no end. I have to sit here and play suspect until these court hearing are done with. Not only that, since my dad is not man enough, I have to go to court and battle my sisters dead-beat BF who is trying to get money from her death by wanting to raise the son. The non-biological father and his lawyer and mommy just bash my dead sister all court hearing long.

So here I am. Raising my 14 year old son from the hell he has experienced in that home, trying to be there for my 1 year old, dealing with CPS, having my dad lecture me to no end about everything I do wrong, and to sit in court all day hearing people bash my dead sister.

I am not writing this for anyone to feel sorry for me. It just feels good once I start typing.

GOOKRACING

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I feel for you. I'm in the same boat too here with the in law. I let them barrow $30,000 to help built their house and they turn around saying I gave it to them. Yesterday his wife ask me what I'm going to do for him on father day. Wow she got some balls to be asking me that. I told my wife I don't trust and family or friends blood or not, I'm done helping all the clowns.

sexycorals

Bringing Sexy BACK!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
money makes people do sad things. What i learned is if you are gonna lend money then might as well call it a gift ... if pursue all the money i lent out to "family" and "friends" i think i can get a nice vacation home in vegas.. live and learn.

Davesgt

Happy Happy Happy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man if you ever need to talk, I know I don't know you personally but my wife says im a good listener lol :0 so im here anytime. I know this is on a side note, some people think a few of us are Mikes minions but its because we know what a big softy he is. Trust me hes been so generous to me that I consider mike family, theres been a few times ive threatened to fly to cali and Kiss him lol.

jayhawk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's guys like you that add balance to all the BS. My hats off to you. If I have my two kids and wife, nothing or no one else matters. I get accused of only living within my own world. Seeing what's outside of "my world", I feel pretty good about my choices. Keep your chin up and rise about the nonsense.

OP
OP
ReefMadScientist

ReefMadScientist

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man if you ever need to talk, I know I don't know you personally but my wife says im a good listener lol :0 so im here anytime. I know this is on a side note, some people think a few of us are Mikes minions but its because we know what a big softy he is. Trust me hes been so generous to me that I consider mike family, theres been a few times ive threatened to fly to cali and Kiss him lol.

Thanks man! I will definitely keep you in my thoughts! Thanks for reading :)

It's guys like you that add balance to all the BS. My hats off to you. If I have my two kids and wife, nothing or no one else matters. I get accused of only living within my own world. Seeing what's outside of "my world", I feel pretty good about my choices. Keep your chin up and rise about the nonsense.

Thanks man that helps. Yeah its rough sometimes but I like to think the biggest challenges in this world comes the biggest rewards later on. Hopefully I am making my sister proud and her son will be a good man when he gets older. He joined his high school football team and is really loving it. With new friends and a new opportunity, I think he has a good chance :)

Velodog2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are plenty of people out there doing crappy things to each other. I'm really glad to see that you are not one of them. You are right, fight the good fight and there will be rewards in the long term. Part of most people's problem is that they cannot see beyond their needs right now. Be better than that and you will always win in the end.

zemuss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ReefMad Scientist!

Tell your son that I said Happy Birthday!

I don't know you but he doesn't deserve not to have a fantastic day!

Also Happy belated fathers day!

"Z"

Ryan2428

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reef sorry to hear this . As I had a similar situation when my ex passed with my daughter . Had to fight to get her even thou she was mine . Just keep your head up I promise it gets easier and worth it in the end I promise

mrcoffee2

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I have a huge family... Currently I am 27 with 18 nieces and nephews. Usually we try and plan birthdays / special events around the time its convenient for everyone else. For instance my nephew was turning 4 on Friday so we decided to have a birthday / fathers day party on Sunday.

I care about fathers day. Its a day that I can help my dad who has Parkinsons / Alzheimers / COPD / Chrones get stuff done that he has been putting off. Its also a good excuse to thank dad for everything he has done for us kids. We wouldn't be here if it wasn't for him.

But I feel for you, it seems like you are in a unique situation. I am sure everything will work out in the end.

Last edited:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 165 57.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.7%
Back