Rebuild by necessity

falrad76

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 7, 2024
Messages
3
Reaction score
17
Location
Brisbane
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had an established 4 year old 425l mixed reef tank that sprung a leak, and by necessity had to create a smaller setup in a 250l tank with no substrate, which was running for about 4 weeks. Now I have a 625l and have transferred all coral and fish, this time using sand with live bacteria as substrate, mainly to try and stop it from cycling again. The fish and softies seem to be Ok, but many of the SPS have turned brown. Params are Sal 1.026, Alk 9.6, Ca 420, Mag 1440, Nitrate 2.3 and Phos 0.04. Ammonia 0. Any recommendations on anything I should be looking out for? Strangely enough the WD is looking great! :D
 
Why are they brown? How is the lighting?
This is what I’m trying to figure out. The lighting is the same as in the previous tanks, two RS90’s at 100% blue and 30% white
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new