Receiving Red Sea Tank Questions

  • Thread starter Thread starter abecker
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

abecker

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 14, 2015
Messages
520
Reaction score
188
Location
Charlotte, NC
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wasn't sure what would be a good area to put this so I figured I would ask it in the lounge. For anyone who has received a tank through freight delivery, did you inspect everything while the driver was still there. The only thing I have received by freight before was a grill, and with that I only had to ensure there was no visible damage on the outside of the container, and then had 2 days to report any concealed damage. Is this the same for a tank, or should I open everything and make sure there is no cracked glass or damage while the driver is still present?
 
I wasn't sure what would be a good area to put this so I figured I would ask it in the lounge. For anyone who has received a tank through freight delivery, did you inspect everything while the driver was still there. The only thing I have received by freight before was a grill, and with that I only had to ensure there was no visible damage on the outside of the container, and then had 2 days to report any concealed damage. Is this the same for a tank, or should I open everything and make sure there is no cracked glass or damage while the driver is still present?
RedSea should give guidance on their website but I believe they require you to open the packaging and check for cracked glass prior to the driver leaving.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new