Recommend a gallery for long post

Would you guys like to see a master gallery of all images in a thread on the first page?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kodock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some post are legthy. It would awesome if there was a gallery option for a post/thread.
For example, Broadfield's build and other DIY, there are a lot of pictures, but you have to scroll through an extended amount of pages to find one picture.

I would say this pertains to more DIY, giant threads, build threads, etc. Maybe there could be a microthumbnail, at the top or bottom of the page, a hyperlink to the gallery, all images on that page at the top, etc.

Note: The gallery option would be to see all images on that thread. That means every photo and not just a gallery for each commenter, a master gallery.

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would be a very helpful option for mega threads. If the photos in the gallery also could act as a link to the actual post - it would be great. Just look at the photos - click and read the actual post.

Sincerely Lasse

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you don't read the thread to see the pictures, you have no idea what the pictures are for. And then you'll get even more people asking the same stupid questions over and over again, because they just looked at the pictures and didn't read the accompanying thread.

I think you may be asking for something beyond the systems software capabilities.

PaulPerger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you don't read the thread to see the pictures, you have no idea what the pictures are for. And then you'll get even more people asking the same stupid questions over and over again, because they just looked at the pictures and didn't read the accompanying thread.

I think you may be asking for something beyond the systems software capabilities.

While this is exactly what I thought, the truth is, if someone is surfing to look at photos only, they aren't going to read the accompanying or surrounding posts anyway...

NinnJinn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And then you'll get even more people asking the same stupid questions over and over again, because they just looked at the pictures and didn't read the accompanying thread.

I have seen numerous threads started especially with people asking for help and listing all the information we need and then 3-4 posts down someone asking for the specs that the OP has already put in their first post.

NinnJinn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While this is exactly what I thought, the truth is, if someone is surfing to look at photos only, they aren't going to read the accompanying or surrounding posts anyway...

I do a lot of skimming just to look at pictures on tank build threads and mainly just read posts that the OP has written with their pictures. if I have a question about something I will continue to read other people's posts to see if my question gets answered before posting... More times than not my question eventually gets answered without me actually asking.

Bud usually, I don't have any questions. LOL

OP
OP
Kodock

Kodock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Roger that. I think you see t

Great points. I am sure it is much harder than it appears, software wise. I think you will see people ask the same question repetitively throughout any thread, small or large, simple or complex, just because people live with an instant results/information mentality and IQ varies. I was thinking more along the line of Lasse’s idea, where pictures have a link to the immediate post. Typically specs are before, with, or quickly after a significant image.

It may not be necessary. I just thought it would be a helpful tool to navigate through large threads, if possible.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 66 52.0%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 52.8%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 32 25.2%
  • None.

Votes: 28 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.1%
Back