Recommend a nano Fish for 20Long?

Alex808

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20 long. Almost a year old. Fairly mature tank. Had a Flame angel and parted ways after he got a little bigger and semi aggressive. I should have known better but he was a good looking fish. Right now, 2 clowns. 1 Royal Gramma. 1 purple fire fish. 1 peppermint shrimp. And 1 sexy shrimp. With cleaning crew obviously.
Am I reaching the limit? Just thinking I’d add one more tank member and call it quits on stocking for a while as the tank grows in.
165F3DDE-C761-4C2D-8C16-E78278AF3D5C.jpeg

Kal93

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd say that your at the limit for swimming fish. If you really want to add another fish, a goby might be a nice choice.

OP
OP
Alex808

Alex808

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe a Cherub Angel
Would love another angel but I think my tank just isn’t right. How does a cherub angel compare to a Flame? The flame hauled butt and pecked the rocks all day and eventually got aggressive towards my fire fish. Which is why I only have 1 now.

SMSREEF

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would get a green clown goby or a different goby.

A sea K

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would love another angel but I think my tank just isn’t right. How does a cherub angel compare to a Flame? The flame hauled butt and pecked the rocks all day and eventually got aggressive towards my fire fish. Which is why I only have 1 now.
The cherub is much smaller but all angels will cruise and pick at the rocks, it's just what they do. Some people claim cherubs are aggressive and some say they are ideal tank mates. If you are inclined towards an angel the cherub is really going to be the only size appropriate (barely) choice for your system.

OP
OP
Alex808

Alex808

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The cherub is much smaller but all angels will cruise and pick at the rocks, it's just what they do. Some people claim cherubs are aggressive and some say they are ideal tank mates. If you are inclined towards an angel the cherub is really going to be the only size appropriate (barely) choice for your system.
Would I have to worry about my Clam?

A sea K

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I honestly dont know but I would be curious as I'm thinking about adding a clam if I can ever get past the dino war I'm currently engaged in. Most all angels can be a risk I suppose. You might want to ask about clam/angel compatability over in the fish forum.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 102 86.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back