Recommendation for a small, low flow power head for dead spots.

  • Thread starter Thread starter glb
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

glb

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
May 12, 2013
Messages
8,185
Reaction score
3,302
Location
Miami
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As my corals grow, my tank has some dead spots flow wise. I have a gyre and am looking for small, low flow (or adjustable) power heads to use where the gyre doesn’t reach. Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
 
I use 2 nero 3's just for this purpose.

They are small, adjustable, and can move a ton of water if need be.
Thanks! Do you know how low the flow can get? I have a 40g
 
Small Tunzes are bulletproof and last for a very long time. 6040 is low flow and adjustable. If you don't mind constant flow, there are many other choices for even less (6015, 6020, 6025)
 
agree on the Neros
also, I have been playing with a Tunze nanostream in a 15G WB, but have tried it in "that dead corner" of the 180 to good effect.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 46.2%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new