Recommendations for combination of fish

Kelsey Fletcher

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 8, 2018
Messages
113
Reaction score
33
Location
Durham
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, I have a 55 tank with a coral beauty angelfish in it and one frag of eagle eye zoas and one frag of hot pink montipora coral. I am planning on getting 2-4 erectus sea horses. Now, before you start, I am fully aware that they are SUPER hard to keep and Im up for the challenge. I easily have all the requirements for keeping them I just need recommendations for what else I should put in there. The tank is more than a year old and is very established. It has a VERY large population of copepods so I was thinking of getting a red dragonet and a spotted mandarin and a green mandarin and potentially a pair of ocelaris clowns (bonded pair). My only concern with the clowns is if they will get aggressive if the seahorses get into their territory?
 
Definitely a no go on the clowns. Sea horses are better off with no tank mates
 
Definitely a no go on the clowns. Sea horses are better off with no tank mates
So ive heard, but with such a large and tall tank I would think that a few mates would be fine?
 
Maybe the mandarin would be okay or a jawfish but seahorses are really only good with them and soft corals because the corals can burn them
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 22 20.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 35 32.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 15 13.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 8 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new