Reconnecting APEX to WIFI.

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You get that while the wifi is connected to the apex xxxxx network?

Maybe try another reset.

takitaj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the same issue after a power outage a few days ago. First time it didn't reconnect automatically. I was able to get it sorted pretty quick after visiting the Neptune site. After resetting the Apex and the light is blue follow the instructions on the Neptune page here. I had to use the address that @Sean Clark wrote: http://apex.local/ If your regular internet router connection on your PC is set to automatically connect then it should change right back afterwards. Otherwise don't forget to reconnect your PC to the router.

LowDime

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is what i get

292872166_393506152761937_916437634648384357_n.jpg
292634496_1156501158411654_2227274896849663247_n.jpg
1657672013385.png

LowDime

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
have done the reset like 5 times. I have to pull my aqua bus cables while holding the reset to get it to actually try and reset. If i just hold the button it will not do anything

takitaj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You shouldn't have to disconnect anything. Holding the reset button in for 5-6 seconds should do it. If not then sounds like you might need to contact Neptune support. Maybe there's something they can walk you through. It is weird how the Apex network shows up but you can't connect to it.

Steve Tung

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you put it into WiFi Setup Mode by pressing the reset button for 6 seconds until the logo turns blue, you need to follow these steps:

1. Connect your phone to the Apex_Setup### WiFi network
2. Browse to http://172.16.0.1
3. Select your WiFi name from the list
4. Enter your password
5. The Apex will reboot and connect to your WiFi. The logo will turn orange.

However, this procedure is not necessary every time you have a power failure. The reason the Apex doesn't automatically reconnect is because your Internet router takes much longer to boot up than the Apex, so it's not yet ready to hand out IP addresses through DHCP when the Apex starts requesting an IP address on the network. The workaround for this is to simply reboot the Apex after the Internet router is fully booted up and back online.

Another option is to turn off DHCP on your Apex and configure it with static IP address settings.
thank you, i been trying to figure out this all day

Shevlin77

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try putting your phone in "Airplane" mode and then go through these steps. That way your phone will be forced to use the Apex wifi ssid, and not try to use cellular data. Or use a computer to connect to the Apex ssid. Just a thought.

thank you I’ve been having intermittent issues getting reconnected and this tip got it reconnected on the first try.

Kyl9877

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If you put it into WiFi Setup Mode by pressing the reset button for 6 seconds until the logo turns blue, you need to follow these steps:

1. Connect your phone to the Apex_Setup### WiFi network
2. Browse to http://172.16.0.1
3. Select your WiFi name from the list
4. Enter your password
5. The Apex will reboot and connect to your WiFi. The logo will turn orange.

However, this procedure is not necessary every time you have a power failure. The reason the Apex doesn't automatically reconnect is because your Internet router takes much longer to boot up than the Apex, so it's not yet ready to hand out IP addresses through DHCP when the Apex starts requesting an IP address on the network. The workaround for this is to simply reboot the Apex after the Internet router is fully booted up and back online.

Another option is to turn off DHCP on your Apex and configure it with static IP address settings.
All I want to say is thank you for that address been struggling for 45 min now

Kyl9877

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I spoke to soon I did this and it went thru, apex head unit went orange and now still not working

the reef master

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys

I had my Apex up and running but it keeps dropping from the WiFi , now I can’t even get it to find a connection so the base unit is still in the blue light. Any help would be appreciated

IMG_0343.png

shanearoonie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For what it’s worth, I also had a bunch of problems getting online initially, then getting online after my router rebooted, and multiple daily disconnects/reconnects. I have 63 wifi devices in my house, and this is the only one that has problems. Neptune support essentially told me “Yeah, it doesn’t work very well. Go with a hardwired connection.”

Running a cable wasn’t attractive, so I went a different route. I got an Ethernet to wifi adapter. To the device it looks like a hardwired connection, but no running cable. It’s been running for about a week and so far zero Fusion disconnects. Worth the $50.

shanearoonie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For what it’s worth, I also had a bunch of problems getting online initially, then getting online after my router rebooted, and multiple daily disconnects/reconnects. I have 63 wifi devices in my house, and this is the only one that has problems. Neptune support essentially told me “Yeah, it doesn’t work very well. Go with a hardwired connection.”

Running a cable wasn’t attractive, so I went a different route. I got an Ethernet to wifi adapter. To the device it looks like a hardwired connection, but no running cable. It’s been running for about a week and so far zero Fusion disconnects. Worth the $50.
Here’s a link. There are others, but this is the one I got.

IOGEAR Universal Ethernet to Wi-Fi N Adapter - Speeds of up to 300Mbps on 2.4GHz - Push-button Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) - Supports WEP, WPA, WPA2, TKIP and AES encryption - GWU637 https://a.co/d/1z9mkwl

the reef master

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s a link. There are others, but this is the one I got.

IOGEAR Universal Ethernet to Wi-Fi N Adapter - Speeds of up to 300Mbps on 2.4GHz - Push-button Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) - Supports WEP, WPA, WPA2, TKIP and AES encryption - GWU637 https://a.co/d/1z9mkwl
The Apex has been running a good few weeks now with zero problems since I finally managed to get it to connect via WiFi .

braaap

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0

Wanna know why it doesn't work well? Because Neptune systems used a $1 USB Wifi dongle instead of a on board wifi chip for $2. They cheaped out to save money and they likely don't have the knowledge it takes to implement an on board solution. Just like the 30 cent cloned MicroSD card they use that causes the head units to crash.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back