Red bump on Sohal

sc50964

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pls see the video & lmk what the red bump is. He is currently going through PRAZI for fluke & this bump wasn’t there before so I suspect it’s bacterial but am not sure. Thanks

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pls see the video & lmk what the red bump is. He is currently going through PRAZI for fluke & this bump wasn’t there before so I suspect it’s bacterial but am not sure. Thanks

Sorry, the focus is off in the video and can’t see the details. One thing I could see is the tang is breathing too fast. Praziquantel can lower the dissolved oxygen levels. Do you have a good air stone running in the tank? How does the water test for pH and ammonia?
Jay

Freenow54

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I looked it up on goggle. Apparently is a defense mechanism. It is a spike that it flicks at other fish. Hope that is all it is. probably ticked at you so don't stick your hand in lol

OP
OP
sc50964

sc50964

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, the focus is off in the video and can’t see the details. One thing I could see is the tang is breathing too fast. Praziquantel can lower the dissolved oxygen levels. Do you have a good air stone running in the tank? How does the water test for pH and ammonia?
Jay
The QT has two air pumps plus the skimmer with cap off. Checking pH daily and it’s good. dKH is high at 10. Also got ammonia monitor stick on from seachem and it’s reading 0.

the bump literally looks like a red pimple located at the base of the fin.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 7 8.4%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 15 18.1%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 54 65.1%
  • Neither.

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 4.8%
Back