BRAND NEW MP60 SUPER NOISY

  • Thread starter Thread starter Adamc13o3
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Adamc13o3

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 21, 2014
Messages
532
Reaction score
215
Location
Miami Beach, FL
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I just took it out of the box and put it on the tank. It's super loud!!! Sounds like it's grinding. I am not new to Vortech pumps and have been running them for years. Is this some sort of known issue with a quick fix, or did I get a lemon?

link to video

https://youtube.com/shorts/QxJObkuXmzg?feature=share
 
How thick is your glass....that is, are you using the right thickness gizmo?
 
Glass is 1/2". I went with the correct spacer, but also tried the others just as troubleshooting.
 
I'd call Ecotech first thing in the morning.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 14 42.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 6.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 6.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new