BRAND NEW SUPER NOISY MP^)

  • Thread starter Thread starter Adamc13o3
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Adamc13o3

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 21, 2014
Messages
532
Reaction score
215
Location
Miami Beach, FL
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I just took it out of the box and put it on the tank. It's super loud!!! Sounds like it's grinding. I am not new to Vortech pumps and have been running them for years. Is this some sort of known issue with a quick fix, or did I get a lemon?

link to video

https://youtube.com/shorts/QxJObkuXmzg?feature=share
 
Last edited:
what is the mf data
If more than 3-4year just let the dry side run 100% for few hour it will be ok
 
i have brand new mp60 built day 2017 when I test dry side it self will make noisy . The noisy if from dry side bearing ! So the pump is sitting there for a couple years! Need to run them warm up the gear!
 
You can lube Vortech pumps with Vegetable Glycerin - I get kosher VG from Amazon
 
When you disassemble a wet side, the shaft and the base you lubricate.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new