Red hair algae

michaelabellz

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 26, 2020
Messages
167
Reaction score
68
Location
Brampton ontario
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2C95FD31-742A-44E4-83FC-117911FE2845.jpeg

This is spreading around my tank like crazy and we do always manually remove it every few days but it comes back in no time. Anyone have any advice to get rid of it?
5DB15FBD-44E8-4E7F-BFE4-7E4E66BECCD2.jpeg
 
I think it looks like cyanobacteria, but it is hard to tell from the images. What are your parameters? High phosphate and nitrate lead to an infestation of this algae
 
I think it looks like cyanobacteria, but it is hard to tell from the images. What are your parameters? High phosphate and nitrate lead to an infestation of this algae
I just did a water change so I will post my parameters soon when I test today. But before my phosphate was reading at .10. then again I did end up finding out the store gave me expired reagent so it could be wrong. And my Nitrate was reading at about 7.
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 8 26.7%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 15 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 46.7%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 26.7%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new