Red Monti Cap fell on a Duncan...

Emi2852

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys!
So I just moved houses which meant taking apart and moving my 20g tank.. what about adventure that was! Everything transported well and I was able to get things back in order. Except my monti cap frag got knocked off the rock work and fell into my Duncan’s!

When I noticed I pulled it off but there were white spots on the Cap and Now it’s even starting to green in some areas that were white.. (it has been a couple weeks.) the red is continuing to disappear and the white spots are greening up (I assume algae)

Other than falling into the Duncan the only thingthat isn’t lining up is my alk which is at 7. I’m trying to get it back up to 9.

Is there anyway to stop it before it’s too late? And is it actually caused by the Duncan?

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hi, slowly work that alk up my # would be 8.5, keep eye on cal,blow off area of damage with turkey baster,place a snail on overnight,remove in morning,keep area blown clean ,should recover just fine :)

LesPoissons

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As long as there is a viable section of healthy red it will usual come back or regrow over the dead/bleached areas.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 145 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back