Red Planet acting Weird

Huskymaniac

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 31, 2017
Messages
1,587
Reaction score
818
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did a good cleaning of the tank and since then my red planet has looked weird. The front half is open and fully extended but the back half is basically closed up. Anyone ever see anything like this before?

20210505_132626.jpg 20210505_132648.jpg
 
Assure your alk-salinity-ph-CA hasn’t changed
 
Something is irritating that side I guess. Any corals upstream from that side that could be sending out some stingers? A rogue crab or fish? A change in flow?
 
Something is irritating that side I guess. Any corals upstream from that side that could be sending out some stingers? A rogue crab or fish? A change in flow?

Nope no changes at all.
 
Be patient. Wait a few days and see if it opens back up. Resist knee-jerk reactions.
 
Is it possible the water clarity is better since cleaning and it’s getting higher light on that side than before? I saw this happen in my tank years ago when I added ozone.
 
Is it possible the water clarity is better since cleaning and it’s getting higher light on that side than before? I saw this happen in my tank years ago when I added ozone.

Didn't think of that. I guess it's certainly possible.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new