Red planet starting to pale

Ocelaris

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ever figure this out? Mine has been white pale at the base instead of green, and hasn't recovered in 6 months. Everything else has colored up really well since I got my phosphates steady and nitrates up. This one is a mystery that it's taking so long. It's growing like gang busters, but just a light pink.

fightinghippo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ever figure this out? Mine has been white pale at the base instead of green, and hasn't recovered in 6 months. Everything else has colored up really well since I got my phosphates steady and nitrates up. This one is a mystery that it's taking so long. It's growing like gang busters, but just a light pink.

Move it higher where it gets more light

Ocelaris

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Move it higher where it gets more light
Actually mine is at the very top. I moved the lights up and bumped the nutrients up for a bit. Tentatively looking better. I thought pale meant too much light or not enough nutrients, but I've been steady with good nutrients for some time now.

fightinghippo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually mine is at the very top. I moved the lights up and bumped the nutrients up for a bit. Tentatively looking better. I thought pale meant too much light or not enough nutrients, but I've been steady with good nutrients for some time now.

My bad. Ignore it for your case. I thought I was responding to OP.
I have two frags one at top and one at the bottom. The one on top where it gets more light it’s red but the one at bottom is mostly green with little red.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 23.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 34.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 29.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%

Back