Red planet starting to pale

  • Thread starter Thread starter Psiber_Syn
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Ever figure this out? Mine has been white pale at the base instead of green, and hasn't recovered in 6 months. Everything else has colored up really well since I got my phosphates steady and nitrates up. This one is a mystery that it's taking so long. It's growing like gang busters, but just a light pink.
 
Ever figure this out? Mine has been white pale at the base instead of green, and hasn't recovered in 6 months. Everything else has colored up really well since I got my phosphates steady and nitrates up. This one is a mystery that it's taking so long. It's growing like gang busters, but just a light pink.

Move it higher where it gets more light
 
Move it higher where it gets more light
Actually mine is at the very top. I moved the lights up and bumped the nutrients up for a bit. Tentatively looking better. I thought pale meant too much light or not enough nutrients, but I've been steady with good nutrients for some time now.
 
Actually mine is at the very top. I moved the lights up and bumped the nutrients up for a bit. Tentatively looking better. I thought pale meant too much light or not enough nutrients, but I've been steady with good nutrients for some time now.

My bad. Ignore it for your case. I thought I was responding to OP.
I have two frags one at top and one at the bottom. The one on top where it gets more light it’s red but the one at bottom is mostly green with little red.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 6 15.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 2.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new