Red Sea AB+ bad?

Hurricane Aquatics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hey all,

I've been a long time user of Red Sea AB+ and it's always been fluorescent, neon green. The last two I've bought off Amazon is brown liquid. I don't use it as it looks wrong to me.

Any feedback? Any of your current AB+ still neon green poured out of the container?

flashsmith

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty sure its normal. Usually that neon color upon opening but after sitting in the fridge for awhile it gets that slight brown tint to it. Still neon when you pour it in. I buy the 1000ml bottles and they last for a month or more. The discoloration seems normal.

OP
OP
Hurricane Aquatics

Hurricane Aquatics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I just got one from Amazon and still the good stuff.
Thanks. Pour it in a clear glass and see if it's the neon green or this....

20230318_170351.jpg

OP
OP
Hurricane Aquatics

Hurricane Aquatics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Pretty sure its normal. Usually that neon color upon opening but after sitting in the fridge for awhile it gets that slight brown tint to it. Still neon when you pour it in. I buy the 1000ml bottles and they last for a month or more. The discoloration seems normal.
I only buy the 1000ml bottles and this just came today. See above Pic. I've had 2 bottles in a row like that. Probably Amazon storing in extreme heat. Amazon has really went downhill lately.

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I only buy the 1000ml bottles and this just came today. See above Pic. I've had 2 bottles in a row like that. Probably Amazon storing in extreme heat. Amazon has really went downhill lately.
Not sure where extreme heat is currently but not where I'm at. I'd send that back get a refund. My LFS carries it so maybe one of yours does too. Or buy from reliable salt water vendor

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would be hesitant to buy any chems to use in our tanks from Amazon. I'm a long time Amazon buyer but most of the stuff they sell these days is from 3rd party sellers so who knows what we are getting in the containers. Flashlights, phone cases etc, but nothing I'm putting in my tanks or my body.

xmrbob941

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,

I've been a long time user of Red Sea AB+ and it's always been fluorescent, neon green. The last two I've bought off Amazon is brown liquid. I don't use it as it looks wrong to me.

Any feedback? Any of your current AB+ still neon green poured out of the container?
Did you check to make sure it wasn’t expired maybe ?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 18.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back