Red Sea bargains?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

BobSacamano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Possible dumb question, as I've never seen them or heard of them. But do vendors ever have sales/discounts on Red Sea aquariums?

Just wondering if there is a "right time," to buy a tank.

abecker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had two LFS near me have anniversary sales and had BIG discounts on Red Sea tanks. Big enough that you may even be able to go to a local store and see if they are able to beat the regular price. I know there are limitations to what they can advertise the price as, but they may be able to sell it at a lower price. I haven’t seen much from online retailers personally.

cmcoker

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Best chance is Black Friday. Other than that ordering from somewhere like bulk reef supply, where you can earn some points, will at least give you some credit on other supplies to setup the tank. I'd check with them if red sea aquariums are eligible for the 10x points days they do monthly.

Locally, one of the lfs that offers a 10% off for the local club was willing to take it off a red sea tank I was looking at and they also did free delivery within certain distance of store.

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Possible dumb question, as I've never seen them or heard of them. But do vendors ever have sales/discounts on Red Sea aquariums?

Just wondering if there is a "right time," to buy a tank.
They are pretty much price locked across the board.

The best deal that I got was buying my 2013 S-Series from my local reef shop. Since I was doing a full setup, they helped me out on other things, like live rock pricing and other things that I needed.

I'd try a (lfs) and shoot for a bundle package deal and nothing wrong with a little haggling :D

OP
OP
BobSacamano

BobSacamano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was wondering this too. Im looking for the best deal before I pull the trigger.

If anyone knows any LFS in the Los Angeles area let me know!!

Thanks in advance

You and I are in the same boat, and in the same area.

OP
OP
BobSacamano

BobSacamano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are pretty much price locked across the board.

The best deal that I got was buying my 2013 S-Series from my local reef shop. Since I was doing a full setup, they helped me out on other things, like live rock pricing and other things that I needed.

I'd try a (lfs) and shoot for a bundle package deal and nothing wrong with a little haggling :D

Thanks! I'll definitely check out my local spots and see what they might have going on.

Firedawg1983

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought mine from Marine depot around Black Friday and got enough points to get all the live sand and a heater free with the rewards points.

mjlash22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LFS seems to be the way to go if you are looking the discount route. I frequent a couple online retailers that are Red Sea authorized sellers and have never seen the actual tanks go on sale.

Absolutekind

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had this same question and waited months to find a deal. Finally, Saltwateraquarium.com (they also ship within days versus weeks because they don't "drop ship" and have them in their warehouse) had a 5% store credit on all aquariums, including Red Sea, on cyber Monday. They also gave 5% rewards, so I received over $200 in store credit. I was able to turn around and use that credit within 24 hours to get other holiday deals on stuff like filter socks and test kits.

Unfortunately, the tank arrived chipped but their customer service was really good and they contacted Red Sea who shipped out a new tank (took weeks to get though).

My LFS said they could discount the tank $150 off from online retailers, but the 6% sale tax negates that.

Love the Reefer 450 by the way- plumbing is a dream!

Oldreefer44

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had vendors do package deals where they discount the overall purchase. Might try calling Premium aquatics who did a deal for me when I bought several items at the same time.

jefra

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think Red Sea tanks are eligible: https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/customer-center/preferred-reefers

**Excludes Abyzz, Aqua Illumination, AutoAqua, Easy Reefs, Ecotech Marine, Giesemann, IceCap, Kamoer, Kessil, Maxspect, Neptune Systems, Nyos, Red Sea, & Reef Octopus. Wholesale Customers are unable to apply for the Preferred Reefer program

cmcoker

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 29 37.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 26.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back