Red Sea Bulkhead repairable?

Huff747

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've tried looking at parts lists and so on and I can't seem to find it. There is a Reefer 450 for sale on local craigslist that's never been filled but one of the bulkheads is cracked. Is that something that can be fixed? Removed completely and use regular bulkheads if you took out the entire assembly? Doubt I'll want the headache but thought I would check.

Picture of the damage:
Screen Shot 2019-12-23 at 9.03.50 AM.png

Antics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If I remember correctly the plate that Red Sea silicons to the bottom of the glass has the bulkheads preinstalled with the conversion to metric. I don’t think you’d be able to repair this without removing the overflow and that base plate. And once you do that I believe standard schedule 80 bulkheads can fit the predrilled holes.

I‘m basing this off of a user who bought a Red Sea tank and then removed the overflow to turn it into a Peninsula tank (before Red Sea made peninsulas). I could be wrong.

Luis’

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for your reply I just got a used 525 xl and the first thread is broken on the center bulkhead but I just superglued it on and the rest of the threads kept it tight I’m glad I didn’t have to take anything apart or change out the bulkheads with regular ones

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back