Red Sea Doser Malfunction message

  • Thread starter Thread starter Johnic
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Johnic

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 6, 2019
Messages
347
Reaction score
75
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Every day I keep getting "Red Sea Doser has malfunctioned please contact customer support". I contacted support with no luck.
Seems that the unit will turn itself off and I need to turn it back on and it will do it again some point during the day.
The doser is a two head version about a year old, works fine when its on and stays on. The head rotate fine, ive switched them up and still no luck.

Has anyone had this problem and know why ?
 
I've had mine for 2 years with no issues. Is your wifi consistent? No loose power connection?
 
Every day I keep getting "Red Sea Doser has malfunctioned please contact customer support". I contacted support with no luck.
Seems that the unit will turn itself off and I need to turn it back on and it will do it again some point during the day.
The doser is a two head version about a year old, works fine when its on and stays on. The head rotate fine, ive switched them up and still no luck.

Has anyone had this problem and know why ?
I've had this issue a couple of times in a few years, remove the head completely change and lubricate the dosing line and recalibrate. maintain and keep unit clean, dust and salt creep free.

this will usually fix the issue
 
I've had this issue a couple of times in a few years, remove the head completely change and lubricate the dosing line and recalibrate. maintain and keep unit clean, dust and salt creep free.

this will usually fix the issue
Got it. Makes sense. Thanks a lot !
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new