Red sea fleese rollers??

Jordan518

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have experience with these and are they worth it? Thinking of adding to my filtration I have pretty clear water but there are some particles I can see floating around would like someone's opinion that has used these before thanks!

OP
OP
Jordan518

Jordan518

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it complicated to install/use and how is the tuning on it seen a few post here said it likes to re-adjust itself?

TX_REEF

Kessil Fanboy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't had any issues with it, just set it up, connect to app, and replace the fleece roll as needed. The app warns you when it's running low.

BetterJake

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had it on my Red Sea tank from day 1. Probably the best product that RedSea sells, IMO. Stupid simple, works, and easy to replace the roll. And no more cleaning socks!

OctaviusBrine

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree it’s probably the best product they make. That and there ATO. I did however have the motor freeze up within a year. They were quick to replace it. Seems like a common problem they have.

OP
OP
Jordan518

Jordan518

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree it’s probably the best product they make. That and there ATO. I did however have the motor freeze up within a year. They were quick to replace it. Seems like a common problem they have.
I do enjoy the ATO I have the g2+ it all came together with the ATO resivor I just wish that was a touch bigger but I have plans on a larger one

OctaviusBrine

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do enjoy the ATO I have the g2+ it all came together with the ATO resivor I just wish that was a touch bigger but I have plans on a larger one
Yeah the reservoir is kinda useless but the new ato and pump are pretty solid. I like how you can see the level and add from the app when away that’s handy.

OctaviusBrine

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What tank are you installing the roller on? The only down side to the roller is it has a flex hose. I have the 250 so I have a smaller sump. The house pushes it out further in my sump so I loose space. I’m replacing the stock valve and am going to hard plumb the roller with a 90 so that’ll be a huge difference with room. The 250 roller has a 90 degree fitting. It wasn’t available when I bought my 500.

OP
OP
Jordan518

Jordan518

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What tank are you installing the roller on? The only down side to the roller is it has a flex hose. I have the 250 so I have a smaller sump. The house pushes it out further in my sump so I loose space. I’m replacing the stock valve and am going to hard plumb the roller with a 90 so that’ll be a huge difference with room. The 250 roller has a 90 degree fitting. It wasn’t available when I bought my 500.
I have the 170 g2+

apb03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Best fleece roller on the market, in my opinion. They are easy to use and install. The main issue you need to worry about is the size, these things are enormous.

Gill the 3rd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really have nothing to add to what everyone else is saying, but I will also say that its worth every penny. I was hesitant to get it since I never ran any mechanical filtration on my previous tank ( I hated swapping out socks), but got it on my new larger system and its great.

OctaviusBrine

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nicole Scherzinger Television GIF
Sure did
Nice you’ll have to let us know how that one does. It’s a bit different from all there other ones.

OP
OP
Jordan518

Jordan518

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick update the roller was incredibly simple to put together and install easy fits great no issue with room I run a uv light the fleese roller and a skimmer in this sumo no problem pretty satisfied with the roller works great!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 147 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.5%
Back