Red sea fleese rollers??

OctaviusBrine

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m curious to see how long a roll lasts you. When I first set mine up it smoked through a roll. Now I get bout 3 months out of it. So just be aware your first roll will probably go quick. Seems to be the norm for all the other versions. Do you have any pictures I’ll like to see how it fits in there.

Reef Devils

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have experience with these and are they worth it? Thinking of adding to my filtration I have pretty clear water but there are some particles I can see floating around would like someone's opinion that has used these before thanks!
I have one on my Red Sea tank and it might be the best piece of filtration I have on my tank. Also very easy to put new roll on. takes 5 minutes.

OP
OP
Jordan518

Jordan518

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like a glove! Fits great plug and play parts easy!

Attachments

• 20240131_154531.jpg
    20240131_154531.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 13

2Flash1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Order Rolls from Precision Converting ( [email protected] Steve) and 3D part from his contact David. The rolls will end up costing around 10$ a roll.
Much cheaper than RS rolls!

OctaviusBrine

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Order Rolls from Precision Converting ( [email protected] Steve) and 3D part from his contact David. The rolls will end up costing around 10$ a roll.
Much cheaper than RS rolls!
Do they come in all the sizes?and what micron are they?

2Flash1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
50 Micron he can do just about anything I believe. I would contact Steve and work out the details.
His contact David is for an adapter 20$ shipped so his rolls will work.

OP
OP
Jordan518

Jordan518

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Little update it's not just burning through the roll that fast I've used like 4 inches in the last 2 days the one thing I'm not sure about is the level of the sump once it does roll obviously the level in the reefmat drops bring up the volume in the sump and with an ATO system I'm kinda worried about keeping a consistent salinity

slingfox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Reefmat 1200 and love it. Note that the filter on the Reefmat is 200 micron. It will get rid of most of the floating debris but I believe debris down to 50 micron is visable to the human eye. When I really want to polish my water I use a Marineland Magnum polisher and/or cycle my tank water into a 10 micron sock overnight via a manifold in my sump.

OctaviusBrine

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Little update it's not just burning through the roll that fast I've used like 4 inches in the last 2 days the one thing I'm not sure about is the level of the sump once it does roll obviously the level in the reefmat drops bring up the volume in the sump and with an ATO system I'm kinda worried about keeping a consistent salinity
Set it on the smallest advance rate.

OP
OP
Jordan518

Jordan518

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Set it on the smallest advance rate.
Has definitely brought up salinity I was running like 1.025 +- a touch and 35-36% now it's up to the .028 and 38% percent my torch isn't liking that much it ain't closed but it's not all the way open either but the others frogspawn and hammer and zoas seemed to not be phased

OctaviusBrine

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine took some playing with so it didn’t send my skimmer into a frenzy or make my ato add before it actually was needed. You’ll get there it just takes some tinkering.

OP
OP
Jordan518

Jordan518

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine took some playing with so it didn’t send my skimmer into a frenzy or make my ato add before it actually was needed. You’ll get there it just takes some tinkering.
I absolutely don't regret the purchase the I stall and everything else is so simple I kinda figured the fine tune would take a little bit

OP
OP
Jordan518

Jordan518

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I absolutely don't regret the purchase the I stall and everything else is so simple I kinda figured the fine tune would take a little bit
And the skimmer I've noticed it's like breaking it in all over again getting tons of small bubbles now and having to adjust the skimmer also lol

klavmaister

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have experience with these and are they worth it? Thinking of adding to my filtration I have pretty clear water but there are some particles I can see floating around would like someone's opinion that has used these before thanks!
I have bee using the 500 for 12 mounth. Obly problem i have are to low nitrate and phosphate, looks like that mate takes it all

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 44 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 17 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 33 12.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 156 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.0%
Back