Red sea Led 90

9secv6

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have innovative marine sr120 its dimensions are 70x24x16. I currently have 3 over the tank with the redsea mounts. I'm trying to look for some advice on intensity? Looking to do a strong mixed reef with some sticks but not a lot. Currently they were set at 20k setting with 100% blue and 50% white. I've had the lights for 1 weeks. My elegance are loving the light as they all came from my Redsea Rs500 that had 10 t5 on it so they are used to lots of light. But I'm already starting to see some cyno forming on the sand bed so I'm feeling light intensity is to much in such a shallow reef. Your talking from the base of the light to the sand bed is less then 24 inches. I know redsea setup the app for everything but I'm worried they could be to stong but nothing is showing signs of bleaching and all the hammers and bubbles are open up big.. should I lower them to 60% if I change the blues to 60% what would u change the whites to. Sorry for the long winded post
20210330_120830.jpg

Casper12065

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the red sea led 50 on a nano. I have heard that the red sea lights can bleach and damage stuff toward the top of the tank that doesn't love really intense lighting if you use the default programs. I turned mine down to about 90% intensity on the blue spectrum and 50% on the white spectrum. I would play around with it, but 60% blue seems to low to me, particularly for any SPS. Maybe 70-80% on the blue and turn the white down 10%?

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 100 75.2%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.3%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back