Mhuq1197

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
My old Red Sea 250 had a canopy/lid with light built in; however the new Red Sea Reefers come with these lights that are mouthed (with an arm) above the aquarium. My question is - if I place a reefer in my living room, will the light pollution/glare bother me when I am seating down in sofa or the lights are concentrated downward enough that no bother? Before I invest, would really appreciate your feedback. Thanks!!

Reef Chasers Aquaculture
AS

pecan2phat

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
It will definitely blind you if you are sitting @ sofa height and look towards the light.
I had two Radion XR15s with the RMS arms mounted to a Cadlights Artisian 70 which is very similar to the Reefer 250 and I had to use homemade cardboard cutouts before they came out with their diffusers.
I actually think that I damaged my retinas from looking into the lights one to many times before the diffusers.

TheBear78

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
My old Red Sea 250 had a canopy/lid with light built in; however the new Red Sea Reefers come with these lights that are mouthed (with an arm) above the aquarium. My question is - if I place a reefer in my living room, will the light pollution/glare bother me when I am seating down in sofa or the lights are concentrated downward enough that no bother? Before I invest, would really appreciate your feedback. Thanks!!
I have two Red Sea ReefLED 90's above my RSR 425xl. They are mounted on the official RS arms and I have a sofa right alongside.
There is a slight glow from the lights that spills onto the end of the sofa and if I look directly at the light I can see the illuminated lens. However, I cannot see the actual LED chips so it isn't remotely bright and nor does the light spill affect anything.

AquaCave Logo Banner
BRS

How often do you buy coral from other hobbyists?

• Very Often

Votes: 68 22.3%
  • Occasionally

Votes: 105 34.4%
  • Very Rare

Votes: 62 20.3%
  • Never

Votes: 61 20.0%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 9 3.0%
Southwest Aquaculture - a coral lover's dream!