Red Sea Reefer vs Water Box vs Aquaforest vs other ?

Which Nano System ?

• Waterbox Eden 40 needs filter/ lights

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

reefadam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, so I’m in the market for a smaller tank for my daughters room since “she loves fish” and to have a bit more room for growout. I’m looking for something in the 25-40 gallon range. I’ve always been a Red Sea fan and still have connections through my former store for their tanks, so have been considering either a nano peninsula @26 gals which comes as AIO with lighting included or the Reefer 170 @33gal display with sump, but needs light and pump. Also considering the WB eden 40 which needs filter system and light, and the Aquaforest Ocean guard 275, which is the largest at 48gals. I’d like to try something different and the AF looks like a pretty appealing system, would love to hear others opinions.
Would be used to grow out softies and anemones.
Red Sea Max Nano
Red Sea Reefer 170
Waterbox Eden 40
Aquaforest Ocean Guard 270

jimfish98

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For Waterbox I would stick to the AIO systems rather than trying to make an Eden tank work. Eden is meant to be Freshwater so it will always need an extra filter. Personally if you are looking at WB options, I would consider the WB 25g Peninsula for the low end gallon wise or the 35.2 AIO at the top end of your gallon size. You can now get automated fleece rollers for them so you won't have to be in there swapping socks or floss.

OP
OP
reefadam

reefadam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For Waterbox I would stick to the AIO systems rather than trying to make an Eden tank work. Eden is meant to be Freshwater so it will always need an extra filter. Personally if you are looking at WB options, I would consider the WB 25g Peninsula for the low end gallon wise or the 35.2 AIO at the top end of your gallon size. You can now get automated fleece rollers for them so you won't have to be in there swapping socks or floss.
Ahh nice, yea I knew there had to be an equivalent AIO option. Thanks !

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Innovative Marine! Lots of options. Here is my 40gal long AIO!
PXL_20230825_224020811.jpg

afrokobe

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the new aquaforest are super slick, but the hanging front panel has me worried. Shouldn't be a problem on a smaller tank... but I prefer IM over the rest of these

jimfish98

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think a lot of the AIO are pretty similar. Personally I would look at end goals, upkeep, and costs. The IM 40 long means 2 lights instead of 1 like the WB 25, also means more real estate to work with. The WB 25 would be one light but comes with a pump that is loud and sucks so you would probably get the IM mini jet pump to replace it adding a different type of cost. I would play with the numbers and see where that takes you. You may find one disqualifies itself.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 19 14.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 21 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 77 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.6%
Back