Red Sea REEFLED 90 problem

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yah they do bounce. Do you know what your numbers were when you connected though?

No. It is a customer's house. I am taking a bunch of coral over there after Xmas. How would I collect those numbers? From Wifi settings on my phone?

I installed three of the 90s there. Admittedly, my phone WIFI bounces between 2-3 bars there. It is a long rambling house. While they have standby power, they do lose/bounce power relatively frequently. The first time there was a problem, I had to hard reset one light; the other two kept running. The second time, I only had to cycle two of them and they came back up. I am going to take my PAR meter out there next time too.

FBat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Many thanks for your tips to reset the the software on ReefLeds. I have 2 ReefLed90 and both of them had fixed red lights this morning (Europe time) : unable to configure them with the app, unable to turn light on, and so on.

I tried the "power plug/unplug 3x" method, success on one ReefLed but not on the other one (why ???); so I had to dismount the other ReeLed and unplug/plug the battery.

Everything works fine now.

And yes, the ReefLed software/firmware definilty need some additional work...

TheDude

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No. It is a customer's house. I am taking a bunch of coral over there after Xmas. How would I collect those numbers? From Wifi settings on my phone?

I installed three of the 90s there. Admittedly, my phone WIFI bounces between 2-3 bars there. It is a long rambling house. While they have standby power, they do lose/bounce power relatively frequently. The first time there was a problem, I had to hard reset one light; the other two kept running. The second time, I only had to cycle two of them and they came back up. I am going to take my PAR meter out there next time too.

The only way I know to check is to delete the light and then add it back. I would be interested to see the numbers and what settings you have running.

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Many thanks for your tips to reset the the software on ReefLeds. I have 2 ReefLed90 and both of them had fixed red lights this morning (Europe time) : unable to configure them with the app, unable to turn light on, and so on.

I tried the "power plug/unplug 3x" method, success on one ReefLed but not on the other one (why ???); so I had to dismount the other ReeLed and unplug/plug the battery.

Everything works fine now.

And yes, the ReefLed software/firmware definilty need some additional work...

Glad they are running again. Any clue about why they disconnected?

As to the plug/unplug reset it took me a few tries. You have to be quick. I think it helps if you curse loudly and often. Seemed to work for me.

FBat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad they are running again. Any clue about why they disconnected?

I tried to reset leds (press the button for 5 seconds) because communication with the app has been lost for an unknown reason. Thereafter I was able to "see" the led in the app, but not able to configure/control it. Reset again (5 secs button) and then.... locked; fixed red lights :(

As to the plug/unplug reset it took me a few tries. You have to be quick. I think it helps if you curse loudly and often. Seemed to work for me.

For sure on the next issue I will try the "curse loudly" method :)

FastBrad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay this is what you do. Pop the top off and unscrew all screws to get to internals after you unplug it for a hour. Dont touch anything in it that could shock you. You will see a button battery for the memory/ bios. Take it put and wait 60 seconds and then put it back in the same way you removed it. That will reset the light to factory default and reset the light. Just re link when you first got it. Worked for me and seems to fix the problem for me long term. Only had to do this once.
This worked perfectly for me. Easy to take apart and find the battery. I was careful to just barely push the metal tab in the middle far enough to remove the battery. After doing that everything works as it should. Thanks a million, saved me a lot of anxiety and time. Ü

hogtide

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These lights are making me crazy, I'm constantly getting disconnected notices even when everything appears to be working fine, this morning I woke up and my tank moonlights were on, one light shows disconnected, trying to run a program pops up an error stating "led does not run any program", programs lists "unknown" instead of my selected program. Hardware is great, this software is the worst! I wish I had something I could just manually control.
Im having similar issues to. got a help ticket in to RS

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Losing an internet connection sometimes is unavoidable. It is just going to happen occasionally, I get that. But I have not figured out why sometimes the lights reconnect and sometimes they don't. Or some do, and others don't. Of the three in the group, at least one always manages to reconnect, but it is not always the same one. Often a light will reconnect just by cycling the power. Other times a hard reset is required. After a recent power shutdown, one failed to reconnect. Three days later, I finally got a chance to get to the customer's house to learn that "it came back on this morning".

I cannot pick up a pattern in this at all except to say that for at least a day each month, one light or another is going to be off.

christopher.lauwers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Considering picking up some of these lights and wondering if anyone that has had a recent purchase is still having the connection issues?

TheDude

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Considering picking up some of these lights and wondering if anyone that has had a recent purchase is still having the connection issues?

I sold all 3 of mine after Red sea blamed my router for the problem. Mind you nothing else in my home has a problem and I had a booster 5' away from the lights. I bought 2 Orphek Atlantic v4's. My corals have never looked so happy, new frags growing like crazy and no more cyano blooms and most importantly, no connection issues. I would avoid those lights, many people have had similar problems and red seas response is pretty consistent, your fault not theirs.

christopher.lauwers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I sold all 3 of mine after Red sea blamed my router for the problem. Mind you nothing else in my home has a problem and I had a booster 5' away from the lights. I bought 2 Orphek Atlantic v4's. My corals have never looked so happy, new frags growing like crazy and no more cyano blooms and most importantly, no connection issues. I would avoid those lights, many people have had similar problems and red seas response is pretty consistent, your fault not theirs.
Thanks for the feedback. Sorry to hear about the troubles.

I have Eco Tech Lights and Pumps and recently picked up a set of the ReefWave 45s and to complete the set I was going to get some of the lights. I have gen4 pros right now... got a pretty great deal on them maybe best to just keep them.

TheDude

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the feedback. Sorry to hear about the troubles.

I have Eco Tech Lights and Pumps and recently picked up a set of the ReefWave 45s and to complete the set I was going to get some of the lights. I have gen-4 pros right now... got a pretty great deal on them maybe best to just keep them.

I ran the gen-4 with good growth on ab program. I upgraded my tank to a 525xl and liked the look of their lights, didn't work well for me as you can tell. I know many folks have no problems, luck of the draw I guess. Orphek was a partial trade and then bought another, no looking back, best lights I have used in 12 years aside from my old halides with phoenix 14k.

PapaBeepBeep

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the lights, hate the app. Have had the LED90s for a year, constantly lose connectivity. Right now I have one light showing grouped and connected. One light is off and will not connect. My frustration level with these lights is exceedingly high. I hate to replace them but I don't need Wi-Fi for lights, just the ability to turn them on and off and adjust intensity as needed. Why so complicated? I'm not a technical whiz and when I get a summation of the instructions out of the manual from Tech Services when I file a ticket, it doesn't help. While I'm screwing around pressing buttons, resetting connections and the light stays off, my LPS are fading away.

nkarisny

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i cant even connect to mine . app says wrong password when i changed it and tried again still nothing .

Back