Red Sea ReefLed 90

Krully

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dang I wonder what's the issue, I'll probably acclimate myself raising a percent every week or something like that

enb141

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to know if Red Sea has fixed all the disconnecting issues they had with the ReefLed 90, and I also would like to know if they are noisier or quieter than Radions G5?

trmiv

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’ve never had mine disconnect.

Not sure how loud the Radions are, but my Reefled 90s aren’t noticeable to me.

trmiv

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’ve never had any connection issues with them at all. Neither has disconnected or had any sync issues. Longest power has been out since I’ve had them is maybe 30 minutes. But I did have them off for about an hour and half when I installed my eb832. They’ve reconnected every time.

enb141

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do they smoothly ramp up and down and synchronized as if they were a single light?

Do the lights always keep your settings?

Tastee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have three ReefLED 90s on my 5’ tank, now 7 months old. Initially I had a unit disconnect and turn off 2 or 3 times but for the past 4 months can’t recall having any issues. I think they resolved the disconnect issues about 6 months ago with firmware improvements.

I don’t notice any noise from them whatsoever, completely silent. They don’t use a fan for cooling, just a heat sink I think.

The all ramp up and down in sync with each other, very smoothly. I do have staggered sunrise turned on however which intentionally turns them on at different times. During the day however it’s a seamless ramp up and down as is sunset and then moonrise and set.

Cunning_plan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone else having trouble going above 60% with theirs? I've been acclimating my corals for more than a month now and I can tell above 60% lots of my LPS will retract due to light, even those at the bottom.

Yes, I am really struggeling with how to set them up still...

DennistheMenace

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 4 on my 180g mixed reef. Had some overheating issues, boxes can get hot. I have had the disconnect issues as well, annoying messages dinging my phone while I am at work, but as far as the corals - they seem to love it. I run the 15K settings 4 days a week, and I run the 20K, and 23K settings on the other 3 days to give a different look. I have found them to be a cost efficient alternative to other setups. I run Hydras on my other 165g reef with a T5 hybrid setup. I love both setups, but as far as cost the ReefLeds win the race.

trmiv

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Do they smoothly ramp up and down and synchronized as if they were a single light?

Do the lights always keep your settings?

Haven’t had any issues with them at all. They’ve worked exactly exactly how they are supposed to ramping up and down, keeping settings and all that.

enb141

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only concern that I have with this lights is that you can't change the blue color separately, with my Radions, I I reduce the intensity of the "purple blues", I don't like that much that purple, I want more blue than purple, but with Red Sea you can't reduce the intensity of the blues and purples, they are tied together.

trmiv

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If you’re looking for a bunch of adjustability these aren’t the lights for you. You’d be better off with Hydras or Radion Pros. If you’re looking for a good light that works well, with a ton of shimmer, that you don’t have to think a bunch about and watch constant “How to master your lighting” videos while you constantly think about what mix of blue/violet/red/green/cyan/fluorescent orange/etc you should use then these lights are perfect. Red Sea did the work to find a mix with the blues that work to grow corals. All that you need to do is pick the amount of white light that looks good to your eye and forget about it. That’s why I switched to them, I was tired of messing with my Hydras.

enb141

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you’re looking for a bunch of adjustability these aren’t the lights for you. You’d be better off with Hydras or Radion Pros. If you’re looking for a good light that works well, with a ton of shimmer, that you don’t have to think a bunch about and watch constant “How to master your lighting” videos while you constantly think about what mix of blue/violet/red/green/cyan/fluorescent orange/etc you should use then these lights are perfect. Red Sea did the work to find a mix with the blues that work to grow corals. All that you need to do is pick the amount of white light that looks good to your eye and forget about it. That’s why I switched to them, I was tired of messing with my Hydras.

That's one of the "issues" if you wish, to me adding an extra channel would be cool but we have different opions here.

Another real issue that I see is that you can use Reef Led 50 on thick glasses, with AI Prime 16 HD you can use their gooseneck or their fixed Prime Tank Mount on thicker glasses.

homegrownherbis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do agree with some of the posters above, you need to mount the power supply on some kind of metal bracket behind the tank. I ended up using zip ties to keep it away from other things and keep the clutter down.

The color in my opinion is a bit on the blue side if you go on presets. I have a custom light schedule and I have been very happy with the results. The shimmer is great for such a small compact package. The connectivity and disconnect issues have been resolved in the most recent update.

I have been having great growth on my LPS and SPS.

The reef 90 has a fish or coral acclimation mode that you can customize, cloudy day generator and a lunar cycle.
Would you mind sharing a screenshot of your schedule with me? I'm getting the SPS bug and having trouble getting the growth I want. I have a couple higher end pieces I really want to grow out.

kkelly007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 4 on my 180g mixed reef. Had some overheating issues, boxes can get hot. I have had the disconnect issues as well, annoying messages dinging my phone while I am at work, but as far as the corals - they seem to love it. I run the 15K settings 4 days a week, and I run the 20K, and 23K settings on the other 3 days to give a different look. I have found them to be a cost efficient alternative to other setups. I run Hydras on my other 165g reef with a T5 hybrid setup. I love both setups, but as far as cost the ReefLeds win the race.

What intensity(ies) are your running on this schedule?

DennistheMenace

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run the Red Sea presets of 15K with both blue and white at 100% for 11hrs. The 20K with blue at 100%, and white at 50%, and the 23K with blue at 100%, and white at 10%. I use the staggered sunrise, and sunset, at 10 minutes, and the lunar cycle. I figured they have done more research than I, so I go with their presets. I just decided to implement all 3 settings in my weekly schedule because I like the look. I ran only the 15K setting for the first 8 months, with the 50 day acclimation schedule as I started adding corals.

oysterjake

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How has that light schedule worked for your corals? Still @ factory settings?

WAYNEBYRNE1976

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do agree with some of the posters above, you need to mount the power supply on some kind of metal bracket behind the tank. I ended up using zip ties to keep it away from other things and keep the clutter down.

The color in my opinion is a bit on the blue side if you go on presets. I have a custom light schedule and I have been very happy with the results. The shimmer is great for such a small compact package. The connectivity and disconnect issues have been resolved in the most recent update.

I have been having great growth on my LPS and SPS.

The reef 90 has a fish or coral acclimation mode that you can customize, cloudy day generator and a lunar cycle.
Would u mind sharing your settings, i have 3 across my redsea 450 reefer, not getting much growth

Back