Red Sea Roller Mat Connection Issue

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

DeputyDog95

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I was using the correct password. I finally got Red Sea on the phone (their customer service is typically pretty awesome) and we went through all the steps I had taken already with no luck.

Just as he was setting up to send me a replacement motor/brain, I kept mashing the "try again" button and it randomly went through.

Neither of us knew why it finally worked, but were grateful it did as we had tried literally everything at that point.

DeputyDog95

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two questions. One for those with Red Sea tanks...

A) I noticed there is a lot of pull on the Red Sea main drain line as it comes across from the bulkhead from the weight of the corrugated hose connected between the vertical section of drain line and the reef mat. Seems a little sketchy to me. The little grey bracket on the cabinet that was attached to both the main and emergency drain to support them and keep them in place, no longer fits there because of the corrugated hose. Has anyone else noticed that and what can we do to alleviate some pressure there?

B) Do you see any issue dosing Alk and Ca right into the reefmat? With the drain line going right into the reefmat now, the sump flow is quite low where the drain used to dump. I was dosing Alk and Ca into the drain compartment (when I still had one) but now it doesn't look like it's mixing properly due to the low flow. I took my dosing line holder and put it into the sensor cutout on the right side of the reefmat (the reefmat motor is on the left) and have the Alk and Ca dosing directly in there. Seems very turbulent in that chamber. Any thoughts on that? Seems like it's working ok....

Hurricane Aquatics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
There's a way to get your reefmat to connect to your wifi. When you first go through the app and it asks you to connect to the reefmat wifi on your phone, do that and let it go through the process.

When that's finished and you see the step to find and connect to a wifi (your home, etc), minimize the app, go to your phones settings and disconnect from the reefmat local network, reconnect to your home wifi. Then bring the reefmat app back up and proceed to find and connect to your wifi.

Took me a while to get mine to work, but doing the above worked. Red Sea needs to patch the app to fix that.

DeputyDog95

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oddly enough, as soon as the replacement motor arrived, mine started working again after not responding for a week. Strange...

Aceone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I changed my board and still the same. Now RS says it must be a setting on my router not letting the RM fully complete the install despite having a greatbsignal and on myb2.4 wifi list. Now just waiting to hear back from Asus to see what they say.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 34.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 39 31.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back