Red Sea Roller Mat Connection Issue

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

James Emory

Orphek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trying to connect my Roller Mat. I enter the password and it tells me its no good. I even changed the password in settings and it still tells me its no good. Anybody else have this problem?

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Several times. Still waiting for Red Sea Support to contact me. Its been over two days, some support team they must have. Anyone else have trouble connecting?
I'm assuming you have a Red Sea account setup and that you've held the Setting light down? When you initially connect to the ReefMat there's no password. Have you tried connecting on Offline mode?

OP
OP
James Emory

James Emory

Orphek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm assuming you have a Red Sea account setup and that you've held the Setting light down? When you initially connect to the ReefMat there's no password. Have you tried connecting on Offline mode?
I will try the no password and see what happens. If that doesn't work I will try connecting off line. No need for me to be on line to program an aquarium filter.....what is there to secure using a password? It's ridiculous.

OP
OP
James Emory

James Emory

Orphek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will try the no password and see what happens. If that doesn't work I will try connecting off line. No need for me to be on line to program an aquarium filter.....what is there to secure using a password? It's ridiculous.
I cannot connect off line either. What is strange is that when I open the app, it asks me to add an aquarium. I don't want to add an aquarium, just the reef mat. I see no where where I have this choice. The reef mat does show up as one of my wifi choices but my password doesn't work despite even changing it to a new one. What pain, wish I never bought it.

LiamPM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never owned one so likely a completely pointless comment but most "smart" aquarium apps with devices require an aquarium to be created to then be able to add a device to that aquarium for setup. Ecotech and Mobius for example, you cant just add a device, it requires a tank to be made beforehand. Just sounded like you havent created an aquarium in the app and i imagine thats a must.

Free bump anyway!

OP
OP
James Emory

James Emory

Orphek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never owned one so likely a completely pointless comment but most "smart" aquarium apps with devices require an aquarium to be created to then be able to add a device to that aquarium for setup. Ecotech and Mobius for example, you cant just add a device, it requires a tank to be made beforehand. Just sounded like you havent created an aquarium in the app and i imagine thats a must.

Free bump anyway!

OP
OP
James Emory

James Emory

Orphek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do have an aquarium set up in Reefbeat. I click add device > Reef Mat > go to settings on my phone > click on Reef Mat under wifi connections > enter the same exact password I used to log on to reef beat and invalid password. I even tried using my network password and nothing doing. So What in the heck password are they looking for??? There support is horrible. Second email to them and still no reply.

LiamPM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats got to be very frustrating for sure.

Just thinking out loud - Have you tried entering "password" all lower case for the password?

Was just browsing a video of the setup and theres a screen that explains that @ 36 seocnds on the below.

Just shouting ideas out loud - Im sure youve tried plenty already.

1660291107475.png

OP
OP
James Emory

James Emory

Orphek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've done all suggestions and I thank you all. I guess for now the 350.00 automated roller filter will be manually operated. Not a peep from Red Sea. This will be the last product I buy from Red Sea including all their additives I've been previously using. It's not the product, it's the customer support that is the issue. I may consider selling this unit and moving on to a Clarisea or another brand. The Bubble Magnus appears to be a nice simple filter and no wifi or programming needed.

Last edited:
OP
OP
James Emory

James Emory

Orphek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have even posted this on the Red Sea Forum and received no answer from Red Sea. Obviously they do not have an answer.

redseasteve

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Several times. Still waiting for Red Sea Support to contact me. Its been over two days, some support team they must have. Anyone else have trouble connecting?
Hi James. Sorry to hear you are experiencing issues, and the Red Sea support team will be very happy to help. There is nothing in the Red Sea Support system with your name on currently, so perhaps you did not submit the form or it never arrived. The correct place to ask for support is at the link following, and the team are happy to help and quick to respond: https://www.redseafish.com/support/tech-support-inquiry-2021/

Last edited:
OP
OP
James Emory

James Emory

Orphek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi RS,

I sent the email to the support email I got off your website. Its all taken care of now and thank you. Love the RS Roller Mat.

DeputyDog95

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How did you fix this, James?

We installed my ReefMat yesterday, and can't get the unit online. I have two Red Sea dosers online and connected through the ReefBeat app, but no luck with the ReefMat.

I created an "online" tank and am currently connecting through the app by jumping on the ReefMat's wifi, but I would really prefer it be internet based so I get the warnings.

I've even disabled the 5ghz signal in my office to make sure it doesn't compete with the 2.4ghz connection that the ReefBeat app prefers.

Any suggestions?

Jonty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the password for the reemat wifi is the word password, that is what you are using?

Back