Red sea seal failure

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jshiels
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Jshiels

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 19, 2016
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a red Sea 500 s max. I have heard there is alot of seal failure and need to know if mine is prone to leaking. Thanks
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!

Yes, RedSea tanks seem to have a higher rate of failure than many other brands.

What generation is your tank?

#UncommonSense may know more.

Good luck!
 
Upvote 0
I have a red Sea 500 s max. I have heard there is alot of seal failure and need to know if mine is prone to leaking. Thanks

It would be important to know which era of 500 S max you’re referring to!

This name has apparently been used since 2011 by Red Sea, with the Reefer lineup being introduced several years later…
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new