Red Sea Skimmer Dial in

The Salty Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dialling in the Red Sea Skimmer, tried a few days ago but had some things to do so didnt get a chance to watch it, left it alone and today we have fired it back up, I currently have it dialled right down and its seems to be going well, foam is reducing and flow is slower out of the overflow, also have the lid off just to keep an eye on it
How long did you guys have to wait for yours to settle?

DeniableArc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dialling in the Red Sea Skimmer, tried a few days ago but had some things to do so didnt get a chance to watch it, left it alone and today we have fired it back up, I currently have it dialled right down and its seems to be going well, foam is reducing and flow is slower out of the overflow, also have the lid off just to keep an eye on it
How long did you guys have to wait for yours to settle?

Hi I have the rsk300 it’s a great skimmer! From new it took probably 24-48 hours to settle down but if you have a large bio load it may take a couple of cups of skim to be consistent.

mtraylor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah just leave it where it is right now and let it settle for a couple days. I have one on my frag tank
Works good

LSU-reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same one and on first setup, it took only a day or so to break-in. Although I did recently run some chemi clean and its been overflowing for a few weeks now....

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 42.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 20.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 42 33.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back