Red Sea XL300 split

Fin Jackson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,
My tank (1.5 year old Red Sea Reefer XL300) split on the Friday with big air bubbles all along the bottom silicone. I emptied and removed everything (it's all chilling in a 300L tub) and contacted Red Sea but I'm still waiting on a response as their closed on weekends. I was wondering if Red Sea sends out an entire Reefer (tank, cabinet and sump) if you claim a warrenty, or if they just send out a tank. I am hoping they send an entire new Reefer system as the LFS I work at said I can leave the tank at the shop and pay the difference on a larger to tank if that was what I decided. (I want a 425 real bad).
So to sum up, if the warrenty goes through and all is good, would the entire system be replaced or just the tank. Thanks to all responses

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If my 1.5 yr old RS just failed, I would be thinking long and hard about moving forward with an even larger RS tank. You know who I don't recall ever seeing a seam failure thread about? Innovative Marine and they have been having killer sales for the past few months on various size tanks.

OP
OP
F

Fin Jackson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where I am in Australia IM tanks are kinda hard to come across in the larger sizes. Another possibility I was think of was a Cade 1200 or 900. I loved the 300 as it was a great height and depth for aquascaping, so that's why I was thinking about the larger 425, as it still has the height and depth, and is a bit longer.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These RS failures are just way too frequent. In prior years, it seemed the larger tanks were the main issues and additional support in the stand was the solution. But this was a smaller tank, fairly new, and still failing.

OP
OP
F

Fin Jackson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you know if they send like the entire Reefer system out or just the tank, if it's the system I might switch over to cade as there's 2 sizes of them at work now. Other people at work switched over so I'll speak to them tommorow about solutions.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No clue, you could try searching Redsea seam or redsea failure and find other threads and ask.

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why in the world would you get another Red Sea tank? I’m so confused by these posts which are like daily now

OP
OP
F

Fin Jackson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why in the world would you get another Red Sea tank? I’m so confused by these posts which are like daily now
I thought it was pretty rare until I searched up Red Sea seam problems, there's so many problems with the seams compared to competitors like Case and Waterbox.

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,
My tank (1.5 year old Red Sea Reefer XL300) split on the Friday with big air bubbles all along the bottom silicone. I emptied and removed everything (it's all chilling in a 300L tub) and contacted Red Sea but I'm still waiting on a response as their closed on weekends. I was wondering if Red Sea sends out an entire Reefer (tank, cabinet and sump) if you claim a warrenty, or if they just send out a tank. I am hoping they send an entire new Reefer system as the LFS I work at said I can leave the tank at the shop and pay the difference on a larger to tank if that was what I decided. (I want a 425 real bad).
So to sum up, if the warrenty goes through and all is good, would the entire system be replaced or just the tank. Thanks to all responses
yes if RS says it's under warranty they will prob. give to two options:
1. replace complete system
2. give you amount of system towards any new RS tank.

that is what they did for me on my 650P anyway.

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will do, I've already logged a warrenty request slip through red sea but I'll do this to.
I'm sorry that was not nice of me. I was being an idiot and thought you probaby had heard. Any tank split posts they delete from FB and I don't know if its true but I have heard of people being banned for posting them. Sorry:zipper-mouth-face:

Jeffcb

Tang tang
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,
Just the tank

CivicS14

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wondering why would you even consider another RS tank after this. Just do a search. RS is known for their tank failures. And like others said, they will scrub post off other social platforms, that's how they address their problem.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 35 81.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 7.0%
Back