Red turf algae?

Anitaw

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 14, 2022
Messages
29
Reaction score
52
Location
Wisconsin
What state or country do you live in
Wisconsin
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I believe from what others have said that this is Red Turf Algae, it started a yr ago and I took out the rock it was on thinking that would solve problem, but it’s back and spreading. I only top off with kalk to keep alk up. Alk 8.8, Ca 573, ph 8.1, phos .02, mag 1280, nitrate 1. Salinity 1.025
This was the rock I pulled out last yr, still on the rock, it’s impossible to pull off. I have a urchen and snails, and many corals.
Thank you

IMG_1686.jpeg
 
Hi, I believe from what others have said that this is Red Turf Algae, it started a yr ago and I took out the rock it was on thinking that would solve problem, but it’s back and spreading. I only top off with kalk to keep alk up. Alk 8.8, Ca 573, ph 8.1, phos .02, mag 1280, nitrate 1. Salinity 1.025
This was the rock I pulled out last yr, still on the rock, it’s impossible to pull off. I have a urchen and snails, and many corals.
Thank you

IMG_1686.jpeg
Pretty stuff. A better name might be wire algae based on your description.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new